Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, LHSnow said:

We were all sleet about 30 minutes ago and it is all snow here on the north shore now so that line is sinking south towards you.

Hopefully this can still produce up by you and towards the city. Maybe this can flip back and forth down here for a while but I'm not optimistic down where I am. Again this storm is starting to remind me a bit of 2/13/14 where this happened for most of the NYC area and Long Island north of Sunrise Highway and it just kept raining where I am because of he coastal front.

7 minutes ago, keno19 said:

What a total bust.  Nobody saw this coming.  All models handled this horrible.   Southern Nassau here.  NO wind at all.  oh well  BUST

I still think that you can't hug models ... especially in March. I'm not even a Met and I can sense that. Where are the people who insisted that the NAM's 30"-40" snow accums were realistic a day or so ago? Some of the models (if memory serves) also starting trending west in the past day or so ... that should have been a warning to people. And honestly, last night, Upton and the TV mets began to adjust. It's just that we didn't because we all want to see a lot of snow.

4 minutes ago, wxman said:

Where are you in the boro? I have heavy snow, all snow, and 5" down.

4 minutes ago, wxman said:

Where are you in the boro? I have heavy snow, all snow, and 5" down.

Near the racquet club off Amwell east of 206. Serious pingers here now. 25/75 maybe?

Archived