Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, RU848789 said:

I've given up trying to predict this storm, but I just shoveled for the 2nd time today in the middle of 20 minutes of maybe the heaviest snow, especially with regard to giant half-dollar sized aggregated flakes, I've ever seen.  Was about 5.5" when it started (sleet had compacted the 5.5" of snow I had before that) and was 6.5" 20 min later - that's 3" per hour.  Now back to a 50-50 mix of snow/sleet, but very heavy.  Maybe we can get to 12" here if this keeps up.  

So, 20 minutes later, we go from 6.5" to 7.5".  3" per hour rate for the last 40 min, even mixed with sleet at times.  I have never in my life seen aggregates like this - they're literally 3-4" across.  Wife took a few pics, but not sure if they'll come out - will try to post later.  

Just now, RU848789 said:

So, 20 minutes later, we go from 6.5" to 7.5".  3" per hour rate for the last 40 min, even mixed with sleet at times.  I have never in my lfe seen aggregates like this - they're literally 3-4" across.  Wife took a few pics, but not sure if they'll come out - will try to post later.  

Yeah I took video but doesn't do it justice. Tried to catch some but they fall apart as soon as they hit.

Archived