Weathernoob335
March 13-14, The Blizzard of 2017: Obs

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, PB GFI said:

It only gets so far then turns E .

But the city and LI will rain for a bit .

N posters are fine .

I'm just referring to road conditions in the city, which while not great, will not be anywhere remotely close to as bad as forecasted. The city is virtually shut down today, schools closed. That costs millions. People will be pissed.

1 minute ago, ILoveWinter said:

When do you think the city goes back to snow? Didnt even think rain was a possibility. 

It prob goes back and forth The real rain is on the Jersey shore and LI.

Prob gets to JFK and the city sleets and then around 10 look to see if the warm punch stops .

N and W of there its fine

21 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Wow RU they still think we are getting those amounts? Well we have about 3-4 inches to get to 8....

I've given up trying to predict this storm, but I just shoveled for the 2nd time today in the middle of 20 minutes of maybe the heaviest snow, especially with regard to giant half-dollar sized aggregated flakes, I've ever seen.  Was about 5.5" when it started (sleet had compacted the 5.5" of snow I had before that) and was 6.5" 20 min later - that's 3" per hour.  Now back to a 50-50 mix of snow/sleet, but very heavy.  Maybe we can get to 12" here if this keeps up.  

5 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

WNYC just said 5-8 inches and rain for the city,,,actually they are reporting rain in the city on NYC already.

Yes all warnings city and LI cxld .

It will rain unfortunately for a bit there .

Archived