Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

Tired of wearing sweatshirts...bring on shorts weather.

1 hour ago, JerseyWx said:

Couldn't argree more.  By May I'm done with cloudy and cool weather.

So I will take you guys didn't like the summer of 2009.;) I still remember driving in those torrential June downpours where the wiper blades hardly did any good.

18 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Definitely not my Summer of choice :lol:

Check this out:  http://www.nytimes.com/2009/08/01/nyregion/01hot.html

That June-July  was as out of place for colder than normal  summer temps during the 2000's as February 2015 was for the winters. it was the coolest June-July combo at Newark since 1940. The record -AO drop set the tone for the mid 2009 to early 2013 record -AO regime. I enjoyed the lack of beach crowds and traffic in Long Beach that summer. 

590d04d31c0d3_Screenshot2017-05-05at7_00_23PM.png.2108b2a0f1765f3be2765aaa78b4d70d.png

32 minutes ago, Animal said:

Irish Rob,

I did 2 weeks out in Montana. Livingston to be exact.

I got caught in snow on and saw it!

Also caught trout on the same day.

Nice, I still want to head out there and visit.  Love the Rockies, although the Great Plains look beautiful as well.

53 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

Nice, I still want to head out there and visit.  Love the Rockies, although the Great Plains look beautiful as well.

Yea. American is so huge...something to be said about people that have never seen a city. They don't give a crap about Seattle, Denver etc.

On 5/6/2017 at 8:30 PM, Animal said:

Irish Rob,

I did 2 weeks out in Montana. Livingston to be exact.

I got caught in snow on and saw it!

Also caught trout on the same day.

I lived in St. Mary, Montana right outside Glacier National Park during Summer of 2010. It was really beautiful out there, and it snowed on June 16th in town (mixed with rain). Saw grizzly bears, moose, mountain goats, etc.

21 hours ago, nzucker said:

I lived in St. Mary, Montana right outside Glacier National Park during Summer of 2010. It was really beautiful out there, and it snowed on June 16th in town (mixed with rain). Saw grizzly bears, moose, mountain goats, etc.

Pretty cool. I've always wanted to live in one of those quiet, small western towns where it can snow September-May and summer nights are in the 40's and 50's so you can have the windows open to sleep. Only would want to do it for about a month though. After that I'd start missing too many things from around here that you wouldn't get out there. 

24 minutes ago, dmillz25 said:

About time!

9 minutes ago, Morris said:

What does it mean to the layman?

Anyone's guess at this point after the unprecedented westerly phase the last two years.

http://www.sciencealert.com/a-60-year-old-pattern-in-the-stratosphere-just-went-in-reverse

https://phys.org/news/2016-09-unprecedented-atmospheric-behavior-disrupts-earth.html

Archived