Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 4/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, Rjay said:

I don't know a lot about this stuff but I own only one, CDII.  Bought 1 million share when it was .0003 and now it's up to .018.  Was up to .03 the other day.   Waiting for a big pay day or for it to go under.

Cool sounds like I'll look into it. 

I like two penny stocks right now and they are:

BITCF

&

LOTE

34 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Super Nino heavy precip a year late as the Northern Sierra just beat 82-83 for the new wettest record.

C9TalHNW0AELIDx.jpg-small.jpg.209c11e7fcfc5eca8f4e2acf5fbbbc19.jpg

Truckee, CA back up over 70" on the snow pack after yesterday convective snow showers and squalls.  Today's daily reading is 74" of snow with 31.3" of water equivalent. 

44 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Truckee, CA back up over 70" on the snow pack after yesterday convective snow showers and squalls.  Today's daily reading is 74" of snow with 31.3" of water equivalent. 

It's interesting that the the record warm SST anomalies that began in the 45/140 region of the NEPAC in 2013 still persist below 100 m. But you can see how the record breaking wet pattern and storm track cooled the top 100 m.

time_height_45n_140w.png.b1ab31cfd4f0d10267bb71eca6f44ce4.png

On 4/9/2017 at 2:45 PM, seanick said:

This was a series of 15 second photos (294 of them). I use software to combine them all together to make a smooth video out of all the stills. Most of Long Island is pretty bright but if you take a look at a light pollution map, the east end is real dark. 

Screen Shot 2017-04-09 at 14.44.50.png

Nice find- you can see down to Mag 6.5 out on the east end (compare that to around Mag 4 - 4.5 in urban areas).  I'm limited to around 15 sec per exposure because of the stars streaking in longer ones, plus stacking them lets you capture dimmer stars, as if you'd taken a longer exposure.  What software do you use to make the videos?

On 4/9/2017 at 0:40 AM, JerseyWx said:

Yeah, if you ever can, head out to Big Sky Country, aka Montana.  Beautiful crisp air, and of course many opportunities to capture things like Nick did, which came out great.

Nice Spring snow out there occasionally too.  Imagine getting snow during the 2nd week of May, especially 12+ inches.

https://weather.com/news/news/may-spring-snow-bozeman-montana

I think some of those places even see snow on July 4th!  A pretty good place to see the northern lights too.

10 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Where do they take the snow pack measurement? When you look at Truckee webcams there's nowhere near that on the ground. 

17 hours ago, jm1220 said:

Where do they take the snow pack measurement? When you look at Truckee webcams there's nowhere near that on the ground. 

Yeah, downtown doesn't look nearly like it did a couple of months ago. Here's the link which gives the lat and long and I think it's about 500' higher than downtown. https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=834

5 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, downtown doesn't look nearly like it did a couple of months ago. Here's the link which gives the lat and long and I think it's about 500' higher than downtown. https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/nwcc/site?sitenum=834

It's 700' higher. Check out Carson Pass: https://wcc.sc.egov.usda.gov/reportGenerator/view/customSingleStationReport/daily/1067:ca:SNTL|id=""|name/-7,0/WTEQ::value,WTEQ::delta,SNWD::value,SNWD::delta

https://www.wired.com/2017/04/california-overcame-1001-odds-beat-epic-drought/

Never tell California the odds. Not only has the state recovered from its record-breaking drought, it did so in record time. According to a new NOAA study looking at 445 years of climate data, California had a 1 percent chance of breaking the drought in just two years.

Those four and a half centuries of data revealed that the median recovery time for a dry spell like the one that happened between 2012 and 2015 was 39 years. And say you don’t trust those historical reconstructions? Using just the instrument data, the median recovery time is still 29 and a half years. That puts a two-year recovery like the one California just saw at the skinny end of the distribution—a 1 percent chance.

On 4/14/2017 at 10:56 AM, Paragon said:

I think some of those places even see snow on July 4th!  A pretty good place to see the northern lights too.

I lived in Montana during Summer 2010 (one of the coldest Junes on record there), and we had snowflakes in St. Mary, MT on 6/16/10...was mostly a drenching 40F rainstorm at 4500' in town, but the higher peaks of Glacier National Park were snow-covered after the storm passed. A few weeks later, some of the upper elevations of the Park were coated with snow on 7/1...that was the last accumulation of the summer before milder air came, but 5' of snow remained on the ground at Logan Pass (around 6500') into late July. Yes, that's five FEET!

2 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Ur stock tanked rjay lol 

bitcf and lote are on fire. 

It's a sh*t stock dude lol.    I'm just waiting for the day it gets to .05 so I can make about $30k when I sell.   If it doesn't, I lost $200.  Oh well.    

Archived