Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FYI everyone was making fun of me when I told you guys about my dream that we would get a big snowstorm usually whenever I have a dream about a big storm it happens within a few weeks. Also my father was a meteorologist and he said that march and early April would be cold, he got march right, let's see if the first part of April will be cold too. Also when Anthony and I said that winter wasn't over everyone was bashing so now I'm putting it out there that next time this happens please respect someone else's opinion. Spring is here imo right after next weeks cold shot. It won't be abrupt like many think though it'll come in slow and mid April will get warm!

1 hour ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

FYI everyone was making fun of me when I told you guys about my dream that we would get a big snowstorm usually whenever I have a dream about a big storm it happens within a few weeks. Also my father was a meteorologist and he said that march and early April would be cold, he got march right, let's see if the first part of April will be cold too. Also when Anthony and I said that winter wasn't over everyone was bashing so now I'm putting it out there that next time this happens please respect someone else's opinion. Spring is here imo right after next weeks cold shot. It won't be abrupt like many think though it'll come in slow and mid April will get warm!

Feen you ever read the novel Huckleberry Finn.

4 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

agreed - also check out the thread that discusses the month that the above normal streak would end and it was -me -you and snow88 who predicted March. Enough said ! lol

6 minutes ago, sferic said:

Anything remotely wintry worth tracking in the next 5-10 days?

Not IMO.  I honestly think we're done outside of maybe a dusting.  Euro showing a decent warm-up next weekend, and outside of Weds/Thurs, this week is pretty seasonable for March.

5 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

Not IMO.  I honestly think we're done outside of maybe a dusting.  Euro showing a decent warm-up next weekend, and outside of Weds/Thurs, this week is pretty seasonable for March.

Yea with the Euro losing next weekend, it may be over. If a wave follows the cold outbreak Wednesday could see a light front end.

48 minutes ago, nzucker said:

Yea with the Euro losing next weekend, it may be over. If a wave follows the cold outbreak Wednesday could see a light front end.

At least we have some cold around mid-week if anything decides to pop up.  After that, the Euro says it will be somewhat mild/near average until the end of its run.

Overall, it seems like we go back to a more widespread AN pattern for a little while, at least in the east.

610temp.new.gif

2 hours ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

Now that winter is pretty much over my life gets boring af!

Just hold out hope for as long as historical precedent allows - the second week of May, in my area - and then transition to countdown mode. It'll be a mere 25 weeks until snow becomes a remote possibility again. We'll get through this together.

2 hours ago, sn0w said:

Thoughts on what is more conducive to snow melt in late March:

58 and cloudy, or 45 and bright, late March sunshine?

58 and cloudy most likely b/c the dewpoints would be higher.  I find that melts snow the fastest...58/55 or something like that and it just vaporizes.

5 hours ago, Snow88 said:

Ehh we don't get severe weather here

Boring

I hope the tropics are active this season.

Not looking good for the tropics with a potential El Niño. If we can stay neutral we have a shot at a decent season. Ever since the instability issue started a few years ago we have had trouble offsetting record SST in the Atlantic. 

12 hours ago, Brian5671 said:

58 and cloudy most likely b/c the dewpoints would be higher.  I find that melts snow the fastest...58/55 or something like that and it just vaporizes.

Interesting, one would think if the humidity was 100% there wouldn't be any room for any more water vapor in the air, so what happens to the snow in that case? Just turns to liquid?

Archived