Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

So the RGEM comes out, it's colder, but more west and now CNJ is looking at subsidence.....there are just too many ways this isn't coming together for us. It's sleet, it's rain, it's susbsidence. Next it will be sunny.

And 6 hours ago it had cnj and north east nj in the best dynamics  Be happy its showing a colder solution banding will setup where it sets up with the type of moisture feed from the south I doubt we see that sort of solution but who knows  Models are clearly having a hard time right now  Enjoy the ride  At 4:45 am the rgem will look much different Im sure

Just now, swamplover56 said:

And 6 hours ago it had cnj and north east nj in the best dynamics  Be happy its showing a colder solution banding will setup where it sets up with the type of moisture feed from the south I doubt we see that sort of solution but who knows  Models are clearly having a hard time right now  Enjoy the ride  At 4:45 am the rgem will look much different Im sure

I don't really enjoy it when forecasters are calling for big snows two days out when they should know better. Big snows north of the city are one thing, big snows in the city and environs are another. But its about time some folks up there who like snow get a big one. I was hoping for a foot or a little more, 2 feet is hard on an older guy, even with a snowblower. But i see too much uncertainty and in my actual experience, those kinds of storms don't pan out in my neck of the woods. We'll all know by tomorrow.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

I don't really enjoy it when forecasters are calling for big snows two days out when they should know better. Big snows north of the city are one thing, big snows in the city and environs are another. But its about time some folks up there who like snow get a big one. I was hoping for a foot or a little more, 2 feet is hard on an older guy, even with a snowblower. But i see too much uncertainty and in my actual experience, those kinds of storms don't pan out in my neck of the woods. We'll all know by tomorrow.

Dude I think we get your point  Fyi Earthlight who this board dearly misses gives you 15-18" and the city 16-20" not sure what your end game is but the storm hasn't started yet  

I would love to post earthlights final call map in the storm thread it would really quiet some of the downers up  And yes it was posted on his twitter 20 minutes ago so obviously he looked at the NAM lol.  So many freakouts here it was great to see the rgem so much colder than the nam  People need to really relax  Trying to find a way this storm won't work out lol  

And I love this board and the mods are fantastic but every time a storm comes lots of people who are only looking at the latest model run come out and say it's over bust, the nam is warm, I'll be stuck in subsidence, twc lowered totals, the nws is nuts, it's driven away great posters.  This board is supposed to be a high level weather board  If you want to go nuts on every bad model run the accuweather forums could always use more posters.  Im sorry for ranting but it's gotten to the point I don't even want to follow along.  I'm sorry for the rant and I hope RJay who I tracked boxing day with on the old Bill Evans board that this post is not meant anything against you.  

Just now, swamplover56 said:

Dude I think we get your point  Fyi Earthlight who this board dearly misses gives you 15-18" and the city 16-20" not sure what your end game is but the storm hasn't started yet  

Well I do respect Earthlight. Don't really have an end game. Just venting. Know what? In the scheme of things this doesn't matter much, other than the threat to safety.  I have had many clients over the years who got utterly depressed by snow, in fact one of the reasons I stumbled upon this forum is because I happen to enjoy a good snow, and was curious about people who were like minded, because I have to tell you, we are a small minority. There's a reason people retire to the sun belt, and lack of snow is a real big one. Perhaps it has been the freakishly warm winters these past two years. i find them unnerving. Anyway, thanks for sharing the stuff from Earthlight. 

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

Well I do respect Earthlight. Don't really have an end game. Just venting. Know what? In the scheme of things this doesn't matter much, other than the threat to safety.  I have had many clients over the years who got utterly depressed by snow, in fact one of the reasons I stumbled upon this forum is because I happen to enjoy a good snow, and was curious about people who were like minded, because I have to tell you, we are a small minority. There's a reason people retire to the sun belt, and lack of snow is a real big one. Perhaps it has been the freakishly warm winters these past two years. i find them unnerving. Anyway, thanks for sharing the stuff from Earthlight. 

Im sorry if I came off as harsh it was not intended just need to see how this plays out  I still think from your area north gets at least a foot maybe more.  

6 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

And I love this board and the mods are fantastic but every time a storm comes lots of people who are only looking at the latest model run come out and say it's over bust, the nam is warm, I'll be stuck in subsidence, twc lowered totals, the nws is nuts, it's driven away great posters.  This board is supposed to be a high level weather board  If you want to go nuts on every bad model run the accuweather forums could always use more posters.  Im sorry for ranting but it's gotten to the point I don't even want to follow along.  I'm sorry for the rant and I hope RJay who I tracked boxing day with on the old Bill Evans board that this post is not meant anything against you.  

Who said this is supposed to be a high level weather board? A weather board is just a weather bored. Some People take things way too seriously. 

This board is supposed to be a high level weather board a bit of brevity is not only appreciated and good natured bickering goes along with the territory see the new england thread or the DC thread  I'd almost like it if when it went into storm mode most posters would be limited in the storm thread  NZucker who is fantastic just put out his calls and everyone immediately just went right past it.  I'm tired and cranky right now I've stayed up for every oz model run since thursday and to see the storm thread get derailed or having warlock continue to post misinformation or cherry picking only negative models is infuriating  BTW seanick I love your pictures and I'm sure I'm coming off as a tool but I'm sorry it had to be said  

3 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Dude, we get your point too. I'm glad you got it off your chest. There are some A level posters who are also expressing disappointment. And they are posting sound reasons for doing so. Should they not because you don't like it? Let's be fair. You can attack me, I don't care I am not a meteorologist or even a hobbyist. I may check in once or twice outside of winter. But it is wrong to assume it is only people like me, who are not so knowledgeable, who express some disappointment. And if that isn't what you meant, my apologies in advance.

12 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

Im sorry if I came off as harsh it was not intended just need to see how this plays out  I still think from your area north gets at least a foot maybe more.  

it's really ok. I am not offended at all. Been through too much in life to get upset over this stuff. 

9 minutes ago, swamplover56 said:

This board is supposed to be a high level weather board a bit of brevity is not only appreciated and good natured bickering goes along with the territory see the new england thread or the DC thread  I'd almost like it if when it went into storm mode most posters would be limited in the storm thread  NZucker who is fantastic just put out his calls and everyone immediately just went right past it.  I'm tired and cranky right now I've stayed up for every oz model run since thursday and to see the storm thread get derailed or having warlock continue to post misinformation or cherry picking only negative models is infuriating  BTW seanick I love your pictures and I'm sure I'm coming off as a tool but I'm sorry it had to be said  

Same here, a little tired and cranky, but that's because I have teens in the house who stay up on their phones all night laughing and depriving me of sleep....plus i keep checking in here obsessively...

3 minutes ago, snywx said:

Who is this weatherlogix dude? lol.. Dude is a special kind of special.

I love when the convo is about the 04z HRRR and he brings like 4 other models into the convo that are totally irrelevant. Some logic huh

Dude must be pissed he's not in the bullseye.  Like " oh man, only getting a foot and a half of snow in mid March on the coastal plain.  sucks"

Archived