Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think that banana high will scoot the low pressure more east than the models have been trending it. Expect the models to correct it to just a degree or two north of the benchmark. The low will still be strong and won't be as wound up. I don't think NYC gets any mixing maybe east of islip may get some mixing but that's about it. I think 16-24 inches are a sure bet for our region! My snowmap should verify!, except the 12-24 should be expanded another 50-60 miles northwest. Places like Monticello should get at least a foot!

IMG_1656.PNG

13 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

I think that banana high will scoot the low pressure more east than the models have been trending it. Expect the models to correct it to just a degree or two north of the benchmark. The low will still be strong and won't be as wound up. I don't think NYC gets any mixing maybe east of islip may get some mixing but that's about it. I think 16-24 inches are a sure bet for our region! My snowmap should verify!, except the 12-24 should be expanded another 50-60 miles northwest. Places like Monticello should get at least a foot!

IMG_1656.PNG

lol..6-12?  Im gonna get 6" in 1 hr 

Hey guys, I've been living in Oklahoma but flew back home yesterday for spring break (and of course for the storm). Looking forward to experiencing it with all of you. Should be a memorable one, and I'm especially looking forward to it considering the largest snowfall event I've seen in the last 3 years is just 4.5" (thanks to living in OK)!

10 minutes ago, RutgersWx92 said:

Hey guys, I've been living in Oklahoma but flew back home yesterday for spring break (and of course for the storm). Looking forward to experiencing it with all of you. Should be a memorable one, and I'm especially looking forward to it considering the largest snowfall event I've seen in the last 3 years is just 4.5" (thanks to living in OK)!

Yeah that area hasn't had a good snowstorm in a few years. Enjoy!

19 minutes ago, RutgersWx92 said:

Welcome back. Dont jinx us...lol

7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It would be insane trying to get school during the heart of the storm. The worst part of this storm will be as dangerous as any storm we have seen in the past

Agreed, and given that we know this with a high degree of confidence, why not give folks time to prepare? It bugs me out when I hear people caterwauling about the way things "used to be" and how we're being too soft etc. etc.

2 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Agreed, and given that we know this with a high degree of confidence, why not give folks time to prepare? It bugs me out when I hear people caterwauling about the way things "used to be" and how we're being too soft etc. etc.

I'm actually surprised they canceled school in February 83. I had school and I lived in South Jersey and it started snowing around 10 a.m. then in January 87 same thing, snow started after school began. That's why the city was able to make it all the way to 96 without closing schools. But there were no storms during that period that would have warranted closings, except for 94

10 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

I'm actually surprised they canceled school in February 83. I had school and I lived in South Jersey and it started snowing around 10 a.m. then in January 87 same thing, snow started after school began. That's why the city was able to make it all the way to 96 without closing schools. But there were no storms during that period that would have warranted closings, except for 94

They didn't cancel it here in Feb 1983 on Long Island, we had an early dismissal.  It was the start of a vacation and the storm started in the early afternoon on a Friday.  We ended up with 22 inches of snow.

7 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

I'm out on that storm thread today... way too hostile in there, some good analysis in there getting attacked cause it's not what some wanna hear.

What's their problem? It's like they think it's the last threat they'll ever have lol.  Just tell them next year will likely be an el nino, which favors a southern storm track and to calm down.  Snow/mix/rain this event will be long forgotten by the time we hit summer's first heat wave, let alone next winter lol.

1 minute ago, Stormlover74 said:

Yeah us too. My first real snowstorm memory. Being only 8 I could barely walk in it the next day

It was up to my knees when I was trying to play in it on Saturday! haha, My dad walked me home from school in the snow that Friday.  I was in 4th grade, so I was 9 years old.  It was my first snowstorm memory in a new house, but my second overall to April 1982 which I experienced on Ocean Parkway in Brooklyn.  We had a nice front lawn there too, even though it was an apartment (on the ground floor.)

2 minutes ago, Paragon said:

What's their problem? It's like they think it's the last threat they'll ever have lol.  Just tell them next year will likely be an el nino, which favors a southern storm track and to calm down.  Snow/mix/rain this event will be long forgotten by the time we hit summer's first heat wave, let alone next winter lol.

It's just exhaustion at this point. You track for days and days and then get so close to the event and the models start waffling it gets frustrating. But people should be mature enough to not turn it into the back and forth bickering fest

3 minutes ago, Stormlover74 said:

It's just exhaustion at this point. You track for days and days and then get so close to the event and the models start waffling it gets frustrating. But people should be mature enough to not turn it into the back and forth bickering fest

Ironic thing is this kind of model mayhem used to happen so often in the 80s and early 90s. People got spoiled.  Never take a model exactly as output more than 2 days out.

53 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Things are much better today than they were even just 20 years ago.  The only areas where I see decadence revealing it's ugly head are in the areas of the surveillance state, corporate corruption that infects politics and environmental responsibility, and an increasing desire for instant gratification.

Glad that this is in the banter thread lol.

Archived