Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Take a road trip to Newfoundland where that subtropical storm north of Puerto Rico is expected to cause a blizzard when it phases with the northern branch.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/ECMWFTROPATL0.5_0z/ecmwfloop.html

ecmwf_uv10g_mph_east2_16.thumb.png.dbdfdbbfe9186e2f66dd9a08ac5b77b9.png

That's an insane area of storm to hurricane fource winds on the southern side. That's going to send a massive swell to Europe!

1 hour ago, IrishRob17 said:

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Can't give it up yet, not until April 15. I need one more 6 inch snow and I'm good, not likely right now but it would make the summer much more palatable.

Probably for you guys NW of the city it's not over but for the city it's over unless it's a fluke event

1 hour ago, Rjay said:

Speaking of car accidents, I saw a terrible one today at lunch in Amityville.  Looked like at least 8 or 9 cars.

Just slid into the back of a car in the rain on the way home. Just an awful day all around. Luckily no damage to my truck but the car I hit had a tiny bit of bumper damage and decided they needed a police report. Lame 

3 hours ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Just slid into the back of a car in the rain on the way home. Just an awful day all around. Luckily no damage to my truck but the car I hit had a tiny bit of bumper damage and decided they needed a police report. Lame 

Remember when bumpers used to be bumpers?  These plastic covers suck, can't take a bump of any sort.  I hope your insurance company doesn't beat you up too badly.

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Remember when bumpers used to be bumpers?  These plastic covers suck, can't take a bump of any sort.  I hope your insurance company doesn't beat you up too badly.

Yea cars get damaged and totaled in ridiculously minor accidents nowadays. I rear ended someone doing 15mph in 2013 and my Mazda 2 was written off. The cheap plastic they use is a joke.

9 hours ago, Rjay said:

Speaking of car accidents, I saw a terrible one today at lunch in Amityville.  Looked like at least 8 or 9 cars.

The driver of the Lexus had a medical emergency and the car accelerated to 100 mph and went airborne. I passed the scene several hours after it happened and it was still a mess. Can't remember another 10 car pileup on 110 before. Remarkably, there were only 9 minor injuries for such a high speed crash.

http://www.fios1news.com/longisland/amityville-multi-vehicle-car-crash-closes-route-110#.WNujvShM4lJ

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/28/car-crash-north-amityville/

1 hour ago, bluewave said:

The driver of the Lexus had a medical emergency and the car accelerated to 100 mph and went airborne. I passed the scene several hours after it happened and it was still a mess. Can't remember another 10 car pileup on 110 before. Remarkably, there were only 9 minor injuries for such a high speed crash.

http://www.fios1news.com/longisland/amityville-multi-vehicle-car-crash-closes-route-110#.WNujvShM4lJ

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2017/03/28/car-crash-north-amityville/

The worst accident I ever saw was a double fatal unfortunately on the New York State thruway one morning near Suffern when I was on my way down to Nanuet, two summers ago I believe. A drunk driver decided to go the wrong direction (south in the northbound lanes) at like 7am. He hit another car head on at about 70mph, killing them both instantly. It was horrific, both cars looked like a missile hit them 

2 hours ago, Snow88 said:

New England is so lucky

More snow on Saturday :(

Come on, you're a baseball fan. I don't understand why you root for bad weather for your beloved NY Mets. It's time for warm, beautiful weather for baseball. I love snow, but don't want to see it again until late November or December. 

21 minutes ago, bluewave said:

Has Boston ever had a March that was colder than each of the winter months?

Mar...33.2...so far

Feb...36.6

Jan...35.1

Dec..35.2

No that would be a first.... At my station while March wont be colder than Dec or Jan, it will be only the 2nd time that it was colder than Feb...other year was 1984.

3 minutes ago, doncat said:

No that would be a first.... At my station while March wont be colder than Dec or Jan, it will be only the 2nd time that it was colder than Feb...other year was 1984.

Thanks. We probably could have done it here if that very cold mid-March pattern didn't fade so fast.

Archived