Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Spring Banter Thread

BxEngine

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Question for you guys with encyclopedic historical knowledge. A friend of mine says he remembers an event in the mid-2000s that dropped 8" of sleet in Armonk. Anybody know which storm that might have been?

The day before st Patrick's day 2007 dropped an all sleet storm. 5-7" so maybe that's the one. VD day 2007 had sleet too but snow to the north

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remarkably, the CFS shows just 5 AN days out of the next 30.   The last days of the month look AN and might keep March from being the lowest temperature month of the cold season.  The task is to stay below the 38.0degs. average of Jan.   Last time this happened is March 1960, I think.

6 minutes ago, forkyfork said:

if you need to see a snow map to know what's going on you probably shouldn't be here in the first place

Thats idiotic. Where else are they supposed to learn? I know you arent willing to to teach but others might be.

Anyone else notice a tendency for the Euro to be too far SE or suppressed with East Coast lows since the January 15 blizzard that it had too far west? Seems like that was the last time that it had the snows too far NW. It was too suppressed with the January 16 blizzard last year when much heavier snowfall totals verified across the region. The next storm in early February was better forecast by the UKMET that wasn't as suppressed and the heavier UKMET snowfall totals verified. We just saw a repeat with the blizzard this week where the Euro and EPS were too far SE with the low and didn't really catch on until 0z and 12z day of the storm. But the EPS means continue to do great with placement of 500 mb anomaly centers days 5 and beyond. The weeklies even have been showing some skill out to week 3 at times this winter. 

12 hours ago, pazzo83 said:

Yea Valentine's Day 2007 was a big ol' sleet storm along I-95 from DC on up.

In State College it was about 6" of snow followed by 3" of sleet followed by 3" of snow on the back end. It froze solid at the end, a lot like this stuff now, but even more of it. Shoveling it was like scooping up goopy concrete. 

4 minutes ago, UlsterCountySnowZ said:

Me: Nams been a great model this winter

Nams west with blizzard

weenies: attacks about poor analysis and the Nam cannot be trusted and is awful

Nam shows glory run for inverted trough over area

weenies: Nams been a great model this winter 

Lmaoooooo that's exactly me too Billy but what you gonna do. 

I love snow but today i dug my car out and it took me three hours I was dead shot! I still want more snow

3 hours ago, jm1220 said:

In State College it was about 6" of snow followed by 3" of sleet followed by 3" of snow on the back end. It froze solid at the end, a lot like this stuff now, but even more of it. Shoveling it was like scooping up goopy concrete. 

And where at Penn State were you living that you actually had to shovel :lol:

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

snowman#s is going to be insufferable if this next system happens to miss. May the gods have mercy on us.

If youre up by 5 touchdowns, do you really care if the other team celebrates finally getting into the endzone? 

6 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Reminds me of March 93 minus for then half the snow and ice 

March 93 was a real mess in the West End. The surge came in around midnight and floated what was left of the waterlogged snowpack. Pieces refroze in irregular chunks a few hours later with the flash freeze. 

Archived