Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It's mega wet compared to its prior runs.

It is but even prior runs today had a track very different than the other 14 nams that were much more similar to the global envelope. Seems to be an improvement from what little I've seen so far this year. 

1 minute ago, losetoa6 said:

I see 30" lollies  just south of Williamsport, pa..lol

Just now, Bob Chill said:

It is but even prior runs today had a track very different than the other 14 nams that were much more similar to the global envelope. Seems to be an improvement from what little I've seen so far this year. 

My take from the para NAM is that it gets the storm going and consolidated much farther south than its 12z run did.

3 minutes ago, nj2va said:

I wish it went beyond 48. It seemed as if it was heading for a good event here. 

The RGEM ensemble goes out to 72, but I don't know of any site other than meteocentre that carries it.  I'd love to see some ensemble mean maps from these.

http://meteocentre.com/numerical-weather-prediction/ensemble-forecasting.php?lang=en&map=qc&run=12&mod=cmc_reps&hh=072&stn=PT&stn_type=postagestamp&display=img

3 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

That is so very text book.  It is such a fast mover.  The overnight hours early Tuesday

seem to feature this bombing low slamming into cold air damming between the Bay and the Apps.

By sunrise, the low is just east of us and the massive rates move off to the NE.  Notice the secondary

snow later when the 500 mb low crosses our area.

Archived