Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Unfortunately those maps seem to count sleet as snow with 10:1 ratios, so they aren't that useful for those of us who are mixing at the height of the storm.

Here's the Freezing rain map from Pivotal.  Obviously this would be sleet instead of freezing rain, but it should give an indication of the areas the nam is seeing mixing.  The nam nailed the SE storm in January with the warm nose that no other model had.  I lost a lot of faith in the RGEM with that storm.  I will bow out now per Stormtracker's suggestion.  I love tracking these storms and will enjoy from afar.  Good luck to all!

zr_acc.us_ma.png

2 minutes ago, packfan98 said:

Here's the Freezing rain map from Pivotal.  Obviously this would be sleet instead of freezing rain, but it should give an indication of the areas the nam is seeing mixing.  The nam nailed the SE storm in January with the warm nose that no other model had.  I lost a lot of faith in the RGEM with that storm.  I will bow out now per Stormtracker's suggestion.  I love tracking these storms and will enjoy from afar.  Good luck to all!

zr_acc.us_ma.png

Hope that's true. I'm just barely to the west of that ice accumulation, so I would think I'd be all snow and get dumped on if that's true. 95 looks great there.

Just now, osfan24 said:

Hope that's true. I'm just barely to the west of that ice accumulation, so I would think I'd be all snow and get dumped on if that's true. 95 looks great there.

Agreed, that verbatim would save me from a lot of grief. I fully expect to mix though, but a driving sleet storm would add a fun, icy layer to my sledding. 

6 minutes ago, packfan98 said:

zr_acc.us_ma.png

Don't my bow out man. Some people just catch feelings really easy around here. 

The nams definitely improved which is great to see this close to game time.

3 minutes ago, Deck Pic said:

4k has DCA at or below 32 from 10pm on...I think probably a little too cold.....we'd probably go back to snow in the 7-9 am range, but main storm over by 9....

New hotness NAM has a nice deform band still around after the flip back to snow. That's critical. Something we need to watch today on the short range progs. 

1 minute ago, EB89 said:

I will take the NAM Para please. 

NAM:

post-21302-1489414493_thumb.png

NAM Para

post-21302-1489414498_thumb.png

NAM

post-21302-1489414504_thumb.png

NAM Para

post-21302-1489414509_thumb.png

Whoa.... 2.1" of QPF is a motherlode of precip.

Still, I doubt those maps distinguish between snow and sleet, so I can't get too excited yet, as much as I want to see 18" of snow.

Archived