Newest Member
    joxey
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

EPS? Probably the last run we pay any attention to but I'm still interested.

Converging on a solution.

99.99999% sure we get more then 1"

90% sure more then 3" in DCA with that 99.999% a bit south of Baltimore

50% right at DCA (ew) to 70% in my NW corner of Arlington for 6", 80% in Baltimore.

10% for 12" at DCA, 30% B'More

SOURCE: % maps on WXBell

http://models.weatherbell.com/ecmwf/yeps_probs.php

Something else interesting is the lack of precip, only a 50% shot at 1" of precip in DCA... Seems low?

It's weird so many of you say you have mixed in the big ones. I've only lived in Elkridge since 2009, but 2009, both 2010 storms and the 2016 storms had no mixing at all. The 2011 storm began as rain and turned to sleet then snow, and the 2014 storm was snow and then drizzle and eventually back to a little snow.

That said, I was in Woodlawn for 1996 and there was some brief mix there and in College Park for 2003 and it sleeted at the end.

Just now, osfan24 said:

FWIW again, SREF's bounced back some. Up to 7 inch mean now, so that my foreshadow a better run upcoming for the NAM. Decent number of members between 10 and 18 with one approaching 30. Obviously not happening but nice seeing a bounce back. Hope it's a trend.

It is a good predictor of the NAM sometimes.

6 minutes ago, osfan24 said:

FWIW again, SREF's bounced back some. Up to 7 inch mean now, so that my foreshadow a better run upcoming for the NAM. Decent number of members between 10 and 18 with one approaching 30. Obviously not happening but nice seeing a bounce back. Hope it's a trend.

A hair more qpf but colder. Probably meaningless but let's hope a trend to a colder solution 

I know I'm a little late but talking about elevation.. where I am in south Owings Mills/garrison/pikesville area my elevation is 470 feet. My dads house which is 10 minutes away closer to Worthington/Owings Mills is 700 feet. He always gets an inch or two more snow up there and it's always about 2-3 degrees colder 

4 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

I know I'm a little late but talking about elevation.. where I am in south Owings Mills/garrison/pikesville area my elevation is 470 feet. My dads house which is 10 minutes away closer to Worthington/Owings Mills is 700 feet. He always gets an inch or two more snow up there and it's always about 2-3 degrees colder 

I grew up in south owings mills/garrison. There are a lot of neat micro climates all around that area.

1 minute ago, AdamHLG said:

Yes. I live on Chestnut Ridge at 730 feet. We have a microclimate here on the Ridge. It can literally be white and at Falls and Beltway wet. Makes the game fun.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

How about when you go north from where you live and go down a couple hundred ft. in elevation right before you get to tufton. Temps really bottom out with snow cover no wind and clear conditions. Unbelievable radiationall cooling.

Archived