Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13/14th PSU Storm

stormtracker

15 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Yes, I think both. Especially the upper levels. The southern vort goes neg tilt at the perfect time. Even though it's not a huge vort, it goes neg right around va beach so there is rapid deepening of lp off the coast. We seem to be right in the cross hairs of a sick deform band nw of the low as it goes nuts off the coast. That plus the ns low seemingly wanting to give up earlier keeps the damage to the surface and midlevels to a minimum. I can't think of a single analog storm to this one. It's really more a tale of 2 separate storms that do a little dance right at a perfect spot. 

Feb 72 has some similarities but this has better anticedent cold and the coastal track is better. Jan 22 87 also has some similarities. But your right this is a different beast then our typical hecs threats. 

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Gefs mean precip up and down 95 increased to 1.4". Rock solid. Western extent of the 1" line shifted east though. Western folks still look good though. 

Now the gfs is back it it's comfortable spot of being a little southeast of most guidance. The world is right again. 

1 hour ago, Bob Chill said:

Someone should do a multi model run over run comparison of slp readings off of OC. Seems like most if not all models are trending deeper right now. 

gif full.gif

Same animation below cropped

gif full_cropped.gif

Gefs mean precip up and down 95 increased to 1.4". Rock solid. Western extent of the 1" line shifted east though. Western folks still look good though. 

The wizards make think we are going to get a special storm. Crazy win..crazy winter

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Archived