Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11/12 Last Call For Snow Obs!

mackerel_sky

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If anybody comes across an official snowfall total map -it would be appreciated.

Here is what I got from waking up to Maggie Valley, shredding some slush at Cataloochie, and my commute back.

Maggie Valley: 3"

Cataloochee: 5"

Saluda, NC: 3"

Newberry, SC: +-1"

Lexington, SC: +-1"

By the time I left Maggie Valley it was 40F,  it seems the best spot for all day viewing was the area from Saluda, NC to the drop about 1700' on I-26.

IMG_1663.JPG

IMG_1664 (1).JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

Congrats to everyone who say the snow. Played out the way I expected in my area with the cold losing the race. Still, it's hard not to feel a little left out when everyone North of me, even within 7 miles, and everyone East and south of me got at least a dusting and I did not. I saw pics all the way down to Belton to my south, all the way SE to CAE and NE form there. Definitely got left out of this one, but happens a lot in western upstate when we're waiting on the cold. Oh well, wins some lose some!

9 hours ago, griteater said:

It's a 1890 redux winter, like you mentioned.  Record warm, then cool March with snow.  CLT had 1.0 snow 3/7/1890

I wonder if we are done with wintry precipitation for the season?  The time period around March 25th is very popular in Charlotte snowfall history.

2 minutes ago, Iceagewhereartthou said:

Congrats to everyone who say the snow. Played out the way I expected in my area with the cold losing the race. Still, it's hard not to feel a little left out when everyone North of me, even within 7 miles, and everyone East and south of me got at least a dusting and I did not. I saw pics all the way down to Belton to my south, all the way SE to CAE and NE form there. Definitely got left out of this one, but happens a lot in western upstate when we're waiting on the cold. Oh well, wins some lose some!

Maybe we will win tomorrow! :)

Archived