Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11/12 Last Call For Snow Obs!

mackerel_sky

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

Southeast Wake (CR) should be doing great right now.

For us northern Triangle folks, looks like a last moderate (skinny) band is developing to the north and will cross within the hour. Then it will be over.  

I'm in Raleigh now for church.  Snowing lightly here.  Maybe PackGrad can report.

It waited until the literally the very last narrow band of precip but it snowed pretty good here with huge flakes for about 30 minutes...too warm obviously for any accumulation but i was just happy to see it falling at all. Considering where this storm started at on the models, all those days ago, i feel lucky to see anything. Snow never did make it to athens..in fact i think only a narrow spot east of athens saw any per observations out of hartwell which only showed rain till the end...thanks in part to an increase in intensity of that last band at the last moment

Was fun watching the temps and the rain/snow line progress from the east. Watching upstream it seemed like Once the temp got to 36/37 the snow mixed in and sure enough the changeover happened here at 36.5 or so and ended as low as 34.  Was surprising a bit in that it went from all rain to all snow in just one or two minutes without a lot of rain/snow mix. 

This was a pretty rare event actually here...to see a rain to snow changeover from the east. Normally if there is a changeover here it's from the west...as normally with northeast flow there is waa aloft and it's a snow or snow/sleet to rain/freezing rain scenario. I'm having a hard time remembering too many cases where it rained for hours with temps in the 40s and ending with snow with a ne flow. pretty cool. 

btw..yesterday the high here was 62...and it was still 50 degrees at 10pm last night. 

22 minutes ago, ncforecaster89 said:

We are close.  I'm on Navaho trail, right in front of the entrance to Masonboro Forest. 

yep I travel Navaho Trail all the time when there to and from Home Depot seems like I make that trip a lot, LOL  VERY SMALL WORLD

Archived