Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11/12 Last Call For Snow Obs!

mackerel_sky

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Actually went out to measure: right at 1 inch of snowfall on the deck after this last moderate band of snowfall came through. Snow seems to be tapering off now as the back edge quickly approaches.

GSP nailed the forecast with their late evening update of 1 inch being the most likely outcome for Hickory.

Sent from my 6045O using Tapatalk

32 minutes ago, Cold Rain said:

Cold Rain checking in with light snow and a dusting on everything except roads.

I'll call this a win and head into spring with a F+ of a winter.

Nice event....waking up to light snow on Sunday isn't to bad a day.  Now I am ready for 70's again :-)

17 minutes ago, FallsLake said:

There's a very nice band right through Wake County right now. Looks like pack should be getting some nice rates right now.

it reaches all the way here and is actually becoming better defined and bigger on radar....roofs and cars covered here, flake size is good and rates are pretty decent...

1 minute ago, downeastnc said:

it reaches all the way here and is actually becoming better defined and bigger on radar....roofs and cars covered here, flake size is good and rates are pretty decent...

Cool! Maybe this thing can over perform for some. There was the one report of 3" in SC maybe we can get some NC folks with similar amounts.

Finished with a brief dusting, a win I guess! If we could ever get a storm to start as snow or frozen precip, that would be great, and it's been atleast 3 years since I've had that! Be nice to have a winter event and not lose 1/2-3/4 of total QPF to rain! That was fun to track and the South trend was amazing and different!!

Archived