Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

06Z GFS jackpots DC, lol. I didn't even think they were in the game, wow!  I also don't like the fact that the NAM is beginning to retreat the precip to our S&E so we could be seeing some convergence with the models and it doesn't bode well for us up here.  WNY-SCNY are all still in the game, while Onondaga-Oswego Jefferson-you get the pic-are out of this one. That's my take from what I see. Congrats BGM BLIZZARD as I think you are in the sweetest position right now, unless of course if there is a NE wind which would downslope off the Skills which would, I think, limit accumulations but you would know more as you live there.

Still a nailbiter, but slowly converging!

Few tidbits from kbuf

A lingering inverted surface trough looks to also
extend west of the low center inland across much of PA and NY. Wrap
around Atlantic moisture and synoptic lift will work with a deep
snow growth zone to support widespread moderate to heavy snowfall.
Tuesday night the storm center will shift north across the Gulf of
Maine then into the Canadian Maritimes through Wednesday while its
center pressure fills some. Lingering wrap around Atlantic moisture
will continue to support widespread synoptic snow Tuesday night and
Wednesday with the synoptic moisture shifting away from our area
Wednesday night.

Lake enhanced snow bands can be found throughout
Tuesday and Wednesday south of the lakes working in a hybrid fashion
leading to some higher totals which models likely can not pick up on
at this range

The
higher snow amounts would be found across the higher terrain and
within any areas of lake enhancement. It might be interesting to
note that these forecast snow totals run a bit higher than the mean
of the Top 15 CIPS Analogs but quite a bit lower than the mean of
many of the SREF Plumes which are showing some sites with 15-25
inches. This means there is still a good bit of shifting in our
official snow total forecast that is possible as future model runs
attempt to converge on a closer range.

2 hours ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

06Z GFS jackpots DC, lol. I didn't even think they were in the game, wow!  I also don't like the fact that the NAM is beginning to retreat the precip to our S&E so we could be seeing some convergence with the models and it doesn't bode well for us up here.  WNY-SCNY are all still in the game, while Onondaga-Oswego Jefferson-you get the pic-are out of this one. That's my take from what I see. Congrats BGM BLIZZARD as I think you are in the sweetest position right now, unless of course if there is a NE wind which would downslope off the Skills which would, I think, limit accumulations but you would know more as you live there.

Still a nailbiter, but slowly converging!

Eh, idk. Nam unfortunately is still outside it's wheel house however good it looks. The 0z euro was uplifting but not liking what the GFS has been doing the last 2 runs with limited to no phasing. Down this way and points south and east we need a good hit on the front end from the developing coastal to get into some serious snow totals else we will come out on short end. I could see this area being in between maximas with poconos and catskills getting thumped from the coastal and areas up your way and into finger lakes getting the good wrap around enhancement. 

I don't know. This storm is very frustrating to forecast. Seems to me the heaviest snows are slipping off to our east. Friday's crippling snows on GFS are gone. Barely in it now with the NAM. This is probably going to be a 5 to 10 over 48 hours which is WWA worthy. Always tough with these Miller Bs for Central NY. Hope for best I guess.

7 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

Roc sref screen shot. I'd take even the lower third. This IS very frustrating with lots of models a bust.

IMG_3550.PNG

This is looking to be a bust for Toronto. We'll be lucky to see a dusting to 2". Very frustrating as it was looking so good for us as recently as 24 hours ago. It would be great if the euro verified, but hasn't it been overdone for much of this winter?

14 minutes ago, ayuud11 said:

Haha 09z SREF plumes have some members spitting out 50" for both BUF and ROC, lol it ain't happening from a coastal! 

Those members bring LP to Binghamton or Albany. Not happening. Latest NAM pretty Far East. We are losing all our support for big snow in WNY. Maybe euro holds. 

Archived