Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26" on the ground in NW Delaware County. The flakes have been tiny all day so the snow is actually very dense....but there are mini avalanches and "cracks" in the snow on steep banks because the snow doesn't hold itself together.  Very unstable.  

My brother has 27.5" on the ground in NE Delaware County.  Both of us are still adding to it for now.  

Just got in from attacking the driveway... Complete whiteouts here. Not sure if it's lake enhanced or just in one of those heavier bands from earlier.  Winds are going to be a significant problem with this powdery snow. (Newfield... Three miles SW of Ithaca)

Just went outside, and it sure feels like a raging blizzard here. May become my top favorite storm, and I lived in BUF for 7 years. Pretty much heaviest snow so far in the last few hours. Winds have really picked up. Some of the roads here seem all but impassable. Can't give a good estimate with all the drifting, but has to be at least a foot OTG by now with >2' drifts. Utterly enjoying it even though I was really ready for spring :)

The band is expanding on the west edge. Guess I was wrong, this thing may be here for a while. BGM mentioning 290-310 flow with time, so might actually get some enhancement off Cayuga Lake down this way to maybe keep us in the game longer. I've seen more sleds riding around on the roads than cars I think. BGM is only about 7" away now from 2016-17 becoming the all-time snowiest on record!

58c872f76ebd9_BGM_loop(1).gif.3c5b763abe7297051abedb63ef047a4d.gif

That band is shifting west due to the 700 LP. It came in very far west. Around Binghamton (surprise). It could add to interest times this evening anywhere N and W of it. The synoptic and Lake effect are almost in battle. It looks as if the synoptic band wants to retrograde even further west. It is already to Wayne/ Monroe County border. IDK. What do you guys think? 

Archived