SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

Light snow with tiny flakes here. Even if we held under these green returns all day it would add up to maybe 2 inches. 

When is the flake size supposed to eat better?

It's the same way here in southern oswego county haha. It's barely snow and ground is barely covered. 

Guessing that will change at some point today though. 

Steady snow in Schenectady...mod to heavy, vis probably 1/2 mile or so.  Not exactly "crippling" but its early.  A tough 2 block walk from my hotel to training center.  Almost died. ;)  Looks like all the #fakenews "east" trends that were seen in "other" forums (we know who they are) are really bearing fruit now as snowblowers will become water wheels along I-95.  Poor media, hyping the storm from the major cities where...it won't be "blizzarding."  SLP will cross LI just east of NYC.  

25 minutes ago, southbuffalowx said:

Light snow with tiny flakes here. Even if we held under these green returns all day it would add up to maybe 2 inches. 

When is the flake size supposed to eat better?

Yeah snow is moderate here but flakes are fricken tiny. If it snows like this all day it's definitely not gonna add up to much. 

I can't say Im impressed with the precip shield.  I think WNY is in some jeopardy at this point.  CNY and points east still do very well but confidence is dropping off for places west of ROC Dansville line.  I just don't see how any worthy precip can pivot all the way back West.  Perhaps deformation and comma head snows will overperform...but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.  

Also, solid time for the Buffalo radar to start flaking out....ugh..

3 minutes ago, DeltaT13 said:

I can't say Im impressed with the precip shield.  I think WNY is in some jeopardy at this point.  CNY and points east still do very well but confidence is dropping off for places west of ROC Dansville line.  I just don't see how any worthy precip can pivot all the way back West.  Perhaps deformation and comma head snows will overperform...but I'm not getting my hopes up yet.  

Also, solid time for the Buffalo radar to start flaking out....ugh..

Yeah, the SW quadrant of the state started drying up in the model outputs yesterday and the trend has continued. 

Just now, DeltaT13 said:

Roc has 1-3 inches depending where you are.  I can still see grass out my office window right now.  Color me disappointed.  

Look at the returns over C PA....they are decidedly shifting their movement now...this will back build into most of WNY....mid levels are just now closing...

Archived