Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Just for sh*&ts and giggles, I'll throw out a guess for high/low storm totals:

High - tough call, but I'll go with the scenic village of Hamilton.  thinking they'll get a piece of the deformation band plus some wraparound lake enhancement.  With a storm total of 31".  

Low - easy call, WNash's backyard in Buffalo.  Sorry man, you're the only one who had a Debbie moment on our board today.  You come in with 4" of sugary snow that accumulates over 61 hours.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm in awe and excited for everyone north and east of here, but being just outside of a historic storm is the capper on a bad season, so nobody ought to blame me if I grumble a bit.

BTW, we have had confectioners sugar all evening, so maybe my sulking wish for a sub-60" season will come true.

2 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I would like to contribute but i am at a bar in albany area thats turned into a pre blizzard party gerting uodates feom you all.  This is great stuff!  If it rains in SNE and NYC while we get  2 ft plus, the world has veen set right again. ;)

The consolation is that even if Buffalo only gets a few inches of fluff, there's a good chance that in NYC (where I used to live) they may be looking at sleet and a cold rain!

9 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

I would like to contribute but i am at a bar in albany area thats turned into a pre blizzard party gerting uodates feom you all.  This is great stuff!  If it rains in SNE and NYC while we get  2 ft plus, the world has veen set right again. ;)

Enjoy!  The way the past few winters have gone, I'd be happy with just a double digit snowfall in mid-March.  It's been too long since we've had such a good track for much of Upstate NY and far Western NE. 

We will have a decent event. A bit concerned about where the LP is setting up. Probably a touch to the East of where I hoped. 3 hr pressure falls and all. The HRRR shows a pretty steep cutoff from East to West with Rochester kinda on the line. Close call for 8" or 24". Really wanna see this go a bit more negative. But im nervous by nature during these things. Beer isn't helping yet. LOL. 

Archived