joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, WNash said:

Burn this useless winter, which has screwed us every way possible. I hope we get just a few inches of fluff because I want this winter to finish under 60". If we can get through the season with less than 7.1" then we will achieve that goal.

C'mon man i still think we still get 8-12" here in the city, it's better than nothing lol.. :D

1 minute ago, Buffalo Bumble said:

Llight snow here for the last few hours. Making for a very nice evening with the cold temps and current light wind. 

Enough to cover the roads, even main roads and it's the most slippery it's been all year.... nice to start this storm off with the grass already completely covered here, which is funny because by the time you drive to the Galleria area (about 10-12 minutes from here) there's nothing.

7 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Not already as I posted about this 2 hrs ago, lol!

Well if you want to get real picky I was talking about that band at like 9am, haha.  Anyway, I suspect similar enhancement is expanding east down the lake but its below the radar.  You can see a little hint of it around irondequoit bay.  All the big Nor-Easters have this Early Ontario action so thats a good sign that things are on course.  Water Vapor Imagery of the Southeast is very impressive.  Things are really starting to pop.  

17 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Oswego State will never close.  It can be snowing 4"/hr with winds gusting to hurricane force and they'd laugh at the students walking across the quad, lol!

Closed only once during my 4 yrs there. Took about 36" in an 18hr period to do that. Of course all the mets came to Piez to check the maps. Mexico got over 50" for that event.

10 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

Oswego State will never close.  It can be snowing 4"/hr with winds gusting to hurricane force and they'd laugh at the students walking across the quad, lol!

SUNY Morrisville is closed tomorrow,  I can't remember any times in the 30 years i have lived

here that i remember that happening...

Archived