SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Upstate/Eastern New York

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

Wow, the new NAVGEM (which is usually the most progressive model) is tucked right into the coast.

That definitely means something as that model should be way East at this point! Interesting.  The NE crew are expecting a tick East tonight from the Euro.

1 minute ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

Working on 2" right now as the band, which doesn't look like much, is cranking out at least 1"/hr! Nice precursor of things to come!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Nice, I picked up a surprising 6.5" here since Friday night (4" overnight Friday and Saturday morning, and another 2.5" last night). Only about 2 - 2.5" OTG thanks to melting and settling but still nice to have a small base before we get the snow starting late tomorrow night..

53 minutes ago, CNY-LES FREAK said:

I just heard, from the NE board the the new RPM takes the low over CT and up through KBOS and into the GOM! Brings rain all the way into 495.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

That is what I've been waiting for....for years. LOL.

6 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

Go easy...it's not too different around here...there's just more of them down that way...;)

We don't toss models bro, at least I don't as I've been burned too many times doing so.  If its a complete outlier, yeah, but when most are in play I don't.  Doesn't matter anyway as they jack regardless like there's a magnet that attracts low pressure systems, lol!

41 minutes ago, CNY-WXFREAK said:

That definitely means something as that model should be way East at this point! Interesting.  The NE crew are expecting a tick East tonight from the Euro.

I mean of course they are..that is what they are wishcasting for lol.

8 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

LOL there are SREF 10 members that have over 40" of snow in Ithaca (3 of which are over 60). Mean is 32. How the hell is it getting these numbers? I've never seen anything close to them around here.

The SREFs are a joke...  I have seen it cause many a weenie's demise back in DC. The ARW members are always way overamped.

Archived