Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The QPF is ridiculous. It's rare to see the Euro have 6 hour totals like it has in this.

Are you surprised it's putting out this kind of QPF with the H7 low so far west? 

It's extremely juiced up... I can't recall another one quite like this on the Euro. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CT Rain said:

Are you surprised it's putting out this kind of QPF with the H7 low so far west? 

It's extremely juiced up... I can't recall another one quite like this on the Euro. 

Yeah a little surprised...but I'm sure the source region of the moisture has something to do with it. It's basically shoving a plume of gulf of mexico moisture over the top of the cold dome over us.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah a little surprised...but I'm sure the source region of the moisture has something to do with it. It's basically shoving a plume of gulf of mexico moisture over the top of the cold dome over us.

Yeah like a 10 hour extreme firehose. It's beyond impressive looking.

Even without the frontogenesis/CCB assist it looks like we still put up huge numbers. 

Just now, CT Rain said:

Yeah like a 10 hour extreme firehose. It's beyond impressive looking.

Even without the frontogenesis assist it looks like we still put up huge numbers. 

I remember in December 1996 we got about 17 inches in 8 hours...in the Cantore thundersnow storm...it was basically a giant WCB with the 700 low going through ALB. This almost looks like that except more impressive. There really aren't any great analogs...March '93 sort of had this but it was obviously a more epic storm on a dynamic level...maybe something like Jan 1-2, 1987 as well...but this looks more impressive than that one.

Just now, 78Blizzard said:

Most of the taint in the Boston area comes near the end.  Most qpf falls as snow.

Yeah its prob about 80% snow in BOS...power outages would be a major concern because the snow turns pastier as the afternoon goes on before the flip.

Archived