Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sunny&pleasant said:

yeah 93 was a hellacious 3 hours with about 8" then a driving rainstorm. as fella said , that's about what i expect from this

Bristol was more like a sleet and maybe a light to moderate rain deal.  I don't remember it being a driving rain like you say, but maybe it was.  I thought it was close to 15 inches.

Jfc it wasn't meant to be confrontational. So much gets lost in translation in online communication. I was just commenting on how impressive it looked. Maybe I should have added an exclamation point and a smiley face. But really, no I shouldn't have.

1 minute ago, JC-CT said:

Jfc it wasn't meant to be confrontational. So much gets lost in translation in online communication. I was just commenting on how impressive it looked. Maybe I should have added an exclamation point and a smiley face. But really, no I shouldn't have.

No, it should have been 3 of these...:weenie:

29 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I think we're entering that time frame where a lot of "noise" occurs. Don't overreact too negatively or positively. Goalposts. MVY/ACK > Cape seems like the most likely right now.

Only trend I think worth noting is that every model cycle continues to come in wetter. That Euro run was impressive, though the best stuff was obviously displaced northwest of where many in this forum would like it. Expect the qpf to continue ramping up today.

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, this run would have big-time power implications in my zone.....most of that is wet snow.

Even if it's not us, there's going to be a wide swath of power outages. 

Looks like the NAM and GFS came west as well. With a canal crossing +/-, I think we're safe for the most part, but there's probably going to be a time we're pounding aggregates and areas inside 128 are pouring. This was my fear on Saturday, but I was ridiculed. Hopefully the models shift slightly east for those to our SE, but to be honest, for me, this is probably the best track. Pounds Lowell, and the cabin gets in on the action. Probably more up there due to density.

2 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Sounds good to me, wonder what power issues might lie ahead here...might have to venture out to Federal Rd to stock up on some supplies. 

Grab some for me and drop it off with the wife? jk. Im in manhattan all day for work and wont be home until 10-11pm so today is both a weenie day and a day where I can step back and not obsess over every run. 

15 minutes ago, MarkO said:

Even if it's not us, there's going to be a wide swath of power outages. 

Looks like the NAM and GFS came west as well. With a canal crossing +/-, I think we're safe for the most part, but there's probably going to be a time we're pounding aggregates and areas inside 128 are pouring. This was my fear on Saturday, but I was ridiculed. Hopefully the models shift slightly east for those to our SE, but to be honest, for me, this is probably the best track. Pounds Lowell, and the cabin gets in on the action. Probably more up there due to density.

TBH, Id rather take my chances with R/S line, than sunsidence.

Archived