Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Its an over correction a bit. The euro does this alot lately. it did it with the clipper lol. 

I've been suspicious of the little front runner vort ahead of the southern stream all during this 00z suite. It's a nuanced detail that I don't have any confidence in staying consistent. It's def possible things went a little overboard with it. It was around 36 hours before the Jan 2015 blizzard we saw several over amped solutions before things came back east a little (well except the euro in that storm). 

As usual I wouldn't overreact to one suite...we see over-trends fairly regularly. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I've been suspicious of the little front runner vort ahead of the southern stream all during this 00z suite. It's a nuanced detail that I don't have any confidence in staying consistent. It's def possible things went a little overboard with it. It was around 36 hours before the Jan 2015 blizzard we saw several over amped solutions before things came back east a little (well except the euro in that storm). 

As usual I wouldn't overreact to one suite...we see over-trends fairly regularly. 

I'd rather take my chances with this....the mid level ship has sailed.

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Man, this run would have big-time power implications in my zone.....most of that is wet snow.

Another daytime storm too. We have been getting very lucky with those the past 3 years or so, almost every big storm has been during the day (for the most part). Getting 3-6" per hour just isnt the same when its dark outside.

Gnite fellas.

Not the reassurance I wanted before sleep for eastern SNE folks. Basically the foreign models (RGEM / UK / Euro) vs. American models (NAM / GFS), and I am not at all confident in the latter at this point, especially that this has been my fear for days. Euro OP is now well west of ensemble mean which surprised me. The handling of the pieces of vorticity as they emerge off Virginia is complex and likely to fluctuate and there's still time to correct back east. Regardless, even in worst case scenarios from models tonight, most of eastern SNE northwest of PYM including Boston metro should still make 10-14 inches.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Gnite fellas.

Not the reassurance I wanted before sleep for eastern SNE folks. Basically the foreign models (RGEM / UK / Euro) vs. American models (NAM / GFS), and I am not at all confident in the latter at this point, especially that this has been my fear for days. Euro OP is now well west of ensemble mean which surprised me. The handling of the pieces of vorticity as they emerge off Virginia is complex and likely to fluctuate and there's still time to correct back east. Regardless, even in worst case scenarios from models tonight, most of eastern SNE northwest of PYM including Boston metro should still make 10-14 inches.

The NAM takes the Low over the canal similar to the foreign models, its really GFS vs. all.

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I think that clown map is overdone for central and eastern MA.

Yes

And this is still more likely to trend a bit more west than reverse course.

All else being equal, models are horrible w latent heat release pumping ridge and that will keep wind at the back of the western trend last 24 hours imo.

Catskills to Savoy to S VT  annihilation incoming.

I anticipate a mix into merrimack valley as well as a power threat from the initial slug. Amounts may struggle to surpass a foot SE of  BDL to MHT line.

$675 Extra or so to do this.  

And a dangerous connection in London because it's 2 different airlines.  

I woke up and was going to CRACK UP and head to an Insane Asylum if I didn't come in.  If My House looks to be 15" or under, Tell me where I need to go.  I'll get a hotel.  I'm not spending that kind of money as a poor musician to see 14" and slop.  

35 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

And the first comment that is posted before mine is "This is getting ugly quickly."  

Miss My luck honestly that bad?  Really?  Truly?  

Unless Euro and RGEM and UKIE move back east and se w 7H low you should prepare to go toward E slope of N Berks or perhaps SVT in a area that does well on E inflow.

I would prepare to Travel, you didnt come back to see this flip to rain in N RI. 

I would ask Will where to go out there but you dont wanna be downsloping, i also like Florida Mass as well as Savoy Mass as well FTW.

I am considering chasing and staying here at 2k in N Berks

http://www.whitcombsummitretreat.net/

Archived