Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

precip is too low in the berks to orh given the mid level low track imo.  

Looked like that to me too ... despite the already prolific numbers - not tryin' to be a storm monger here.

But, I'm noticing that there is almost like some meso-beta scaled wave interference between the lead southern component wave rotating up the east side of the L/W vs the N stream tucking into the backside.  I almost wonder if the "less than" ideal/more purer phase is actually physically robbing some mechanics from maximizing there - the backside imparts NVA stress in just enough dose to knock things down a little.  Interesting...

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Looked like that to me too ... despite the already prolific numbers - not tryin' to be a storm monger here.

But, I'm noticing that there is almost like some meso-beta scaled wave interference between the lead southern component wave rotating up the east side of the L/W vs the N stream tucking into the backside.  I almost wonder that the "less than" ideal/more purer phase is actually physically robbing some mechanics from maximizing there.

That's possible.  If I'm in BDR to Kevin I'm very happy with that mid-level look.  I don't think the Hartford Valley gets the screwjob in such a set up. No dryslotting. 

5 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

The Euro keeps the best deformation snows farther northwest than you'd expect to see in that H7 low track. Almost up toward Albany. Seems like there's a really enhanced area of QG forcing from the northern stream disturbance that's digging during capture. 

Yeah...this is in the same camp of concerns with what Nick and I were just noticing. 

In general...there's definitely some quirky things going on do to the capture rates/proficiency it would seem -

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah...this is in the same camp of concerns with what Nick and I were just noticing. 

In general...there's definitely some quirky things going on do to the capture rates/proficiency it would seem -

Boxing Day-also coincides with your greatest melt.

1 minute ago, OSUmetstud said:

Right.  I'd be surprised if that precip has that look in the end.  I'd be more concerned in non-cj areas of eastern MA.  

Yeah that's why I want that H7 to trend further east and we don't need much at this point at least on the euro.

Archived