• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

powderfreak

March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

2 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Low confidence/persistence prediction: given how amped N Stream shortwaves have come in this year--in general--I suspect when this one comes ashore we see guidance correct to a more amplified and phased final solution. 

Partial would still work, A full phase would come with a lot more issues that are not white for some.

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Partial would still work, A full phase would come with a lot more issues that are not white for some.

I like the trends on the gefs mean at h5 to elongate it, space out the streams. Then it catches up and closes off. Dont care the op weenie snow maps arent gangbusters, because that look works for many. 

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I like the trends on the gefs mean at h5 to elongate it, space out the streams. Then it catches up and closes off. Dont care the weenie snow maps arent gangbusters because that look works for many. 

Looking like the 12z GFS is going to west of the 06z run, Trough digging further south this run.

14 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Yes-but a full phase would be amazing in its own right to see.

Just now, weathafella said:

Yes-but a full phase would be amazing in its own right to see.

Oh i agree, The coastal folks would get thumped before they flip.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Actually trhe srn s/w kicks out a bit. Might save a west track..or at least as west as it could have been.

Getting a nudge but still looks like its going to get tugged NW

Just now, skierinvermont said:

Been a while since I followed a big one. Where are you all getting model data faster than from the NCEP page?

instantweathermaps.com is the fastest place to get the GFS.