joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

BGM, ALB, and BTV day shifts unhappy.

Nice upslope event though at the end up here, haha.  That's going to be BTV's hope.  Won't help ALB/BGM.

Definitely a trend towards a scaled down version of the beast shown 24-48 hours ago.  

I am shocked the NWS offices haven't figured out the SOP with coastal systems yet though.  

Just now, OceanStWx said:

I mean we're actually in that middle range period where models tend to have a hiccup or two. I wouldn't be shocked if we did the 00z 12z shuffle for a couple runs, before things settle down towards a consensus again.

We are also in the time frame though where they start to sample better data and make adjustments, no?

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

We are also in the time frame though where they start to sample better data and make adjustments, no?

That Canadian shortwave is still a bit of an unknown, and the Pac NW one just came onshore at 18z. So it's still "unsampled"

I was always thinking 00z tonight was the run that would be the big one.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Noose-worthy.

All this for a MECS for some per that map.  On the plus side, that  would still give me a snow day and not much to shovel.

maybe it will get better but the changes for western zones are huge today in a horrific way for snow enthusiasts, that map even takes the "hellacious" wcb burst off the table

I will pass on 5-6 inches of arctic sand, rather see the whole thing head towards Bermuda

2 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

maybe it will get better but the changes for western zones are huge today in a horrific way for snow enthusiasts, that map even takes the "hellacious" wcb burst off the table

I will pass on 5-6 inches of arctic sand, rather see the whole thing head towards Bermuda

We can enjoy our cold brown ground some more.  It's still dropping a foot at Pit2 on that map.  Not enough to merit a trip though.

There were fights on Eastern and the early days of American re the data shadowing in the NE Pac..

Heavy handed posters with somehow ...some way insider knowledge would snipe people that talked about it, as being bs - it's not true that it matters all that much.

So which is it?

I figure it's worthy seeing as the NCEP and NWS offices routinely discuss the lack of actual physical soundings going into the grids as opposed to satellite derivatives.  Probably just a-hole Mets on the board hiding behind their red-tags -

4 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I would only be concerned if an East trend continued through 2 more cycles.   This one is a little more of a beast then we have seen in a while  and we are just getting into best sampling.

The further east solutions could have some validity.  The NAO will be becoming more positive as the storm arrives which could open up the window for a more easterly track as opposed to westerly...unless this thing becomes really amped and tugs it further west.  Sort of surprised at OKX's snow map for southern CT at this stage 

Archived