SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Definitely arriving a bit slower. a bit of a jump in the LP center NE towards the convection at 72 almost has a bit of a duel low look for a bit. Overall a shade east despite what looked like better interaction between the streams.  Once again only about 12-15 hours of the real goods in SNE. Death Banding will make a big difference.  I would go 10-20 for most of SNE right now with Loli's to 24. If we get a megaband with 3-5 per hour I suppose someone could pull 30 but that's hard to forecast when the storm doesn't stall south of you. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That is a great mid level track. Qpf is the worst scoring metric. All I need to see are where the mid level lows are. Don't be fooled by QPF

Stop it, you know this was you and some of your closest friends performing some voodoo to get this to slip east last night.

tdr1lcre7gdexgwh1f2j.gif

2 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

That is a sizable jump east on the GFS from 12z. Beware the eastern trend. Let's see if it's a burp or a trend. 

It's funny tho -

I'd be more concerned if this was a needle thread ordeal ...where the storm track and narrowed corridors of impact mean bigger sensible differences.

This thing with that pig subsuming N-stream fragment like that ...it really strains the belief that this surface system can really escape that way. It seems the models may just be having trouble with finite scaled physics required to fuse those two things together.

huh

Archived