March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, eyewall said:

Exactly.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I've seen it snowing moderately while the sun was setting- it looked sort of pink to me.

I also saw it snowing hard when the sun was rising- that one looked amber lol.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The period from 72 hours to 78 hours looks a bit spurious to me on the OP run. It's not that it is impossible for that to happen, just that it is rare. The ensembles sort of confirm that. They did tick east (but so did the rest of the 12z suite minus the NAM)...but they have a much cleaner look to them. Prob still some western members in there because the isobars look like they kink back to the west a bit. 

Definitely. The spread is all west of the op track. 

Just now, eyewall said:

Exactly.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

it reminds me of that big event in the MA last year that struggled to get to even CT... It finally did, but only for a couple of hours did the snow bands arch their way up before falling appart/collapsing back SE... in that time, we had orange sky sunset with light snow blowing by.  It was actually as appreciatively beautiful as a spectacle as it most like was infuriating as a snow geeser -

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

PNA ridge continues to improve on guidance and I think this may help to cap the progressiveness on the east coast, by allowing the northern shortwave to dig faster sooner.

Good point so this shouldn't be the 15 hr kind of quick hit the 12z GFS was showing,.

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Definitely. The spread is all west of the op track. 

i was just going to say...

don't really need any software to point that out; trust one's eyes - the op. is probably right at the east envelope - close to it anywho

1 minute ago, Paragon said:

Good point so this shouldn't be the 15 hr kind of quick hit the 12z GFS was showing,.

I think the meat of this storm is going to be 15 hours or less...we don't really have a big stall. It's possible we could buy like 3-6 hours of we get that lead shortwave to hook just at the right time. But that's not something I'd count on just yet. 

We could get Tip's orange sunset snow for like the next 24 hours after that though as the main ULL to the west finally passes under us. 

Archived