Weathernoob335
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I'm expecting that...not worried

The ideal solution would be for that shortwave to hook back in to the west a bit right as it approaches the BM or ACK...in that vicinity. That would basically act as a pseudo stall for a few hours and also enhances all the goodies we like aloft. 

Oh I know, but I mean why don't they change the run time of the models to compensate for DST?  This is really just about the Euro, because I don't mind being up at midnight for the GFS.  I believe they use DST in most of Europe too.

So basically we would have 23z runs instead of 0z runs during DST

Let me give them a quick call and ask them. Be right back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The ideal solution would be for that shortwave to hook back in to the west a bit right as it approaches the BM or ACK...in that vicinity. That would basically act as a pseudo stall for a few hours and also enhances all the goodies we like aloft. 

Track due north up the elbow.

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

85/65 with  morning and afternoon showers who needs the Euro 

Hey they have Blizzards in Hawaii too! Just last week if I'm not mistaken they had a Blizzard Warning up for Mauna Loa for 1-2 feet of snow and also a Flash Flood Warning.

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Just a fluke run is my gut, based on the entire 12Z suite.

The period from 72 hours to 78 hours looks a bit spurious to me on the OP run. It's not that it is impossible for that to happen, just that it is rare. The ensembles sort of confirm that. They did tick east (but so did the rest of the 12z suite minus the NAM)...but they have a much cleaner look to them. Prob still some western members in there because the isobars look like they kink back to the west a bit. 

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The period from 72 hours to 78 hours looks a bit spurious to me on the OP run. It's not that it is impossible for that to happen, just that it is rare. The ensembles sort of confirm that. They did tick east (but so did the rest of the 12z suite minus the NAM)...but they have a much cleaner look to them. Prob still some western members in there because the isobars look like they kink back to the west a bit. 

The Canadian was a tad west too no?

Archived