Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, eyewall said:

I was amazed to see blizzard warnings here. Most likely is 18 inches or so with an outside shot at making 20 which would be a top 10 event.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

been busy at work , but had a great feeling about this one from the get go when GFS was spitting out the amped up solutions a week or so ago.......very excited looking forward to blizzard conditions! 

i think we can make a serious run at 20.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Expanded Blizzard Warnings between ALB and BTV...ying and a yang

I'm even getting a little nervous here in ENY(at least for snow growth and ratios). BGM, SYR and areas to my west will do very well though. Light snow at the moment. Tiny flakes.

1 hour ago, JC-CT said:

It doesn't really bother me. What bothers me is when someone "lol"s at people who see a legitimate trend. Ruins the thread.

Here's your east trend.

gfs_asnow_neus_fh36_trend.gif

Some only believe what they want to believe, The OBS in the Mid Atlantic and NYC prove the trend, Its real, It was west.

1 hour ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

why did you stay in RI

lucky to see 12 there

You think after The most insane day of travel and $700 I can wake up with four hours of sleep and drive three hours to sit in a car at a hotel until it opens at 3 and just enjoy from there or a coffee shop??  If some People on here INVITED me to their house I would have probably did it and ran up at 6am and they'd get free electric accordion tunes.  But no one did.  

M AND DON'T YOU DARE SAY LUCKY TO GET GET 12!!!!!  

39 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

You think after The most insane day of travel and $700 I can wake up with four hours of sleep and drive three hours to sit in a car at a hotel until it opens at 3 and just enjoy from there or a coffee shop??  If some People on here INVITED me to their house I would have probably did it and ran up at 6am and they'd get free electric accordion tunes.  But no one did.  

With all due respect, we told you it wasn't worth the money to come home, and then told you that you weren't going to do well in your location and you should travel. Sorry that you're going to be disappointed, but this one's on you.

1 hour ago, Stash said:

I'm even getting a little nervous here in ENY(at least for snow growth and ratios). BGM, SYR and areas to my west will do very well though. Light snow at the moment. Tiny flakes.

I'm not worried.  We are closing in on 10" already.  Snow growth doesn't look great, but it's piling up like crazy.  Radar looks good.  gonna get creamed here!

1 hour ago, DreamBig said:

NY metro downgraded from Blizzard to advisory...

NYC peeps reporting +/- 4" then mucho sleet.  However, points W & N are already at warning criteria and still snowing.

That GFS graphic seems conservative, showing mid teens depth (@ 10:1) for central Maine while the 06z run had 2"+ qpf for AUG/WVL. 

1 hour ago, TheSnowman said:

You spent 700 to go to the wrong part of Maine to walk a few feet from your car and eye-ball snow depth?

Why you don't have the weenie tag is beyond me.

Enjoy your 8-12 today.

:cory:

I can't stress how much of a bust this way for southern rhode island. 2 inches and then slush and basically rain now with 38. As of yesterday, some models still had us getting 12+ inches or 7-8 at the lower end. The weather forecasts were still way off last night predicting 6+ inches. The changeover happened much sooner than forecasted.

Low appears to be close to 980 mbs south of Long Island between buoys 44025 and 44066. Still seems to be tracking towards a landfall around Fall River or New Bedford and into Mass Bay. A secondary low seems to have formed further south, not sure if this may complicate the wind forecast, if not, expect severe gusts in se MA and possibly parts of RI this evening.

Archived