Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Codfish, you're gonna get crushed. I can't imagine being worried up there.

you don't think it is worrisome to see jfk at 34 with an east wind, I had hoped it be snowier upstream in mid atlantic

only place I feel good about is hrv, berks and cne/nne

Anyways I hope you are right and good luck to you!

2 minutes ago, sankaty said:

Wow.  The Euro is either going to get knocked down a peg or solidify its status as the king.  Virtually all snow here on the 0z run.

Yeah its all snow. The cross section for HVN and MMK will show that. I just looked at the one from 12Z and MMK was all snow HVN was a hair above 0 for a short time, but this run was a tad cooler for CT so i bet even HVN will be all snow this run.

Just now, The 4 Seasons said:

Yeah its all snow. The cross section for HVN and MMK will show that. I just looked at the one from 12Z and MMK was all snow HVN was a hair above 0 for a short time, but this run was a tad cooler for CT so i bet even HVN will be all snow this run.

I was sure the Euro would at least tic a bit warmer.  It's surprised me before, though.

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

yeah thats what i was thinking too, especially looking at the 18hr panel and comparing it to the last run it was slightly north about 10 -15 miles on that panel. But infact its a tick colder.

The eurowx algorithm shows 22.3 for Middletown, 23.5 for North Haven.  Crazy!

Based on the latest guidance, updated the map. Was bored waiting for the snow so i did some creative things with it. 

I was going to go 20-24 in western CT but im not too sure those kind of numbers will be widespread and with a minimum of 20 everywhere in the range so i kept the locally 2 feet and highlighted the highest amounts will be in the western and Northwestern part of the state. 03_12.17_snow_forecast_UPDATED.thumb.jpg.c5d86bf743e2da0995750eba4d1216b6.jpg

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Based on the latest guidance, updated the map. Was bored waiting for the snow so i did some creative things with it. 

I was going to go 20-24 in western CT but im not too sure those kind of numbers will be widespread and with a minimum of 20 everywhere in the range so i kept the locally 2 feet and highlighted the highest amounts will be in the western and Northwestern part of the state. 03_12.17_snow_forecast_UPDATED.thumb.jpg.c5d86bf743e2da0995750eba4d1216b6.jpg

Good map and call imo my friend.

5 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

box took a step back at 12-18 and introduced mixing....I like Kelly's amounts a lot better for all this build up/ box was 16-22 last night in the blizzard warning text product

that is a sizeable step back...we will see

OKX stepped back as well, good call 18-24 was ridiculous.

Archived