Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think this storm is as close to un-debbie-able as it gets outside of SE areas. When you have such an epic Gulf firehose slamming into the cold dome it's pretty hard to go wrong. There will be local nuances like always but it's going to come in as a wall of snow for all. 

I agree totally.   I'm liking my more western Interior location in CT at this point.  Not gonna worry about every lil Thing at this point.  Going with the GFS/Euro.

16 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

GUESS WHOOOOOOO'S BACK HOME   

THE SNOWMAN :cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory:

HE'S BACK B****ES!      Sound the Alarms!  Raise the Red Light for the Rare Blizzard Warnings!  Barton The Hatches!  Open the Hatches to Let the Weenies Fly!  LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!  

Nice man and heres your welcome back present:

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

19 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think this storm is as close to un-debbie-able as it gets outside of SE areas. When you have such an epic Gulf firehose slamming into the cold dome it's pretty hard to go wrong. There will be local nuances like always but it's going to come in as a wall of snow for all. 

I feel like so many weenies here jumped on the old about to be retired NAM and just forgot the Euro/EPS etc etc.. It's almost like whatever the last model that ran is all they remember no matter what it is 

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I feel like so many weenies here jumped on the old about to be retired NAM and just forgot the Euro/EPS etc etc.. It's almost like whatever the last model that ran is all they remember no matter what it is 

There was a quick and sharp change from Euro ecstasy to NAM chair tipping. FWIW I doubt the NAM goes east at 00z but I still wouldn't be too concerned about it. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Can someone explain why Upton's grid forecast is different from their map forecast is different from their WSW? For my backyard their forecast looks like this:

grid: 11-15"

map: 12-18"

wsw: 8-12"

Which one is it? Pretty big discrepancies there. Kind of makes it difficult for the public to trust them.

they should have just went with 24-36 and called it a day.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Great write-up, Ray.  The only problem I have with it is you have the line separating 18-32 from 16-24 running through my living room.  I think it should be 5 miles SE of here.  :)

35 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Wouldn't be astonished if BOS ended up being 90%+ snow. If the rates are intense enough and 850's stay near/below 0 the column may cool enough to keep it snow.

I think this is much like a SWFE here, just super amped. We'll see a foot but nothing insane. But the focus here shouldn't be totals. It should be impact. Impacts will be very high here. 

Archived