Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah this is the 1 out of 10 that actually hug the coastline...BOS will jack in the remaining 9 of 10, lol.

Forget the jackpot stuff though...this storm will spread the love.  Everyone should get 8"+ in this forum, IMO.  Not sure about James though, haven't looked at the front end there that much.

The other thing for people like sbos_wx is that hey maybe its not 24" of snow but you'll get the wet man snow blowing sideways to every building and tree on 50kt gusts.

The impacts in Eastern Mass and areas on the border will be pretty awesome with heavy wet snow and high winds.  Power outages and all that.  I still think any rain comes after the meaningful precip is mostly done...the WCB is going to rip.

Widespread foot plus.

IMG_9699.PNG

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, powderfreak said:

It takes a real lot to get a snow event with over 1" QPF up here, lol....we found the nut this time.

I'm actually jealous of my parents down in Albany area where I grew up.  I think they may score the best mix of the massive WCB and then a deformation pivot zone.  I really think the ALB CWA comes up with some huge totals somewhere between the Catskills/Berkshires region.

Your area, south to most of VT, to Berks, W CT, ALB... The jackpot area on the western end of the storm

Just now, sbos_wx said:

Yeah, I think anyone near the mix line should focus on that. If you're down near the Cape.. might not be as easy to say that. Right now the models have most intense winds combined with heaviest precip at BOS and it's all snow. 

Those heavy wet snows falling at 2"/hr with a quarter inch of QPF per hour and high easterly winds is going to be a heck of a lot of fun there.

anything less than 14-15 inches will not be worth all the time spent watching this unfold, it just won't...and I have been watching for a week plus like many of you

I want to see several hours of blinding snow 3-4/hr or better, Feb storm was cool but it was so fluffy, almost a bit fake effect

but I am happy for nw zones, I hope they get 30 inches

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Are you ready to lose power? It's gonna be a power-loss paster

where has Hazey been? I imagine this storm will be pretty wild for him too.

I think we keep our power.  National Grid has been trimming like crazy.  If we do lose it, it will suck, but I think it will only be for a short time.   Should be lower density around here I would think.   We never lost it in October 

Just now, sbos_wx said:

Your area, south to most of VT, to Berks, W CT, ALB... The jackpot area on the western end of the storm

Down there they will do it in a much shorter period of time.  Up here it'll happen once you factor in the backside NW cyclonic flow that should take place most of Wednesday.  Longer duration storm up here probably with a little less punch at the height of it maybe?  Going to be sweet to play out and nice to finally have some breathing room.  This could tick east Messenger style in NowCast and we'll still be fine with some movement.  Rare to have a little wiggle room up here.

Just now, codfishsnowman said:

anything less than 14-15 inches will not be worth all the time spent watching this unfold, it just won't...and I have been watching for a week plus like many of you

I want to see several hours of blinding snow 3-4/hr or better, Feb storm was cool but it was so fluffy, almost a bit fake effect

lol what? 

Take 14-15" and run if that's what happens. 

I don't know, I think it'll be really hard to be disappointed with anything over a foot but that's just me.  We also haven't had many foot plus storms up here lately so it won't take as much to impress me, lol.

Hoping to see around 12-14" here in Plaistow, NH.  Some saying higher but I'm not sure.  More excited for high winds with pasty stuff in the mid-day timing-wise.

Have the generator on standby and the snowblower inside...hoping to see a nice tick east on the models to crush me once and for all but trying to kick back into enjoyment mode here on out.

I have my DSLR set to take a picture every 30 seconds for the next 24 hours starting at 4:00am.  Makes for a great time-lapse.

9 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Yeah, I think anyone near the mix line should focus on that. If you're down near the Cape.. might not be as easy to say that. Right now the models have most intense winds combined with heaviest precip at BOS and it's all snow. 

Wouldn't be astonished if BOS ended up being 90%+ snow. If the rates are intense enough and 850's stay near/below 0 the column may cool enough to keep it snow.

I think this storm is as close to un-debbie-able as it gets outside of SE areas. When you have such an epic Gulf firehose slamming into the cold dome it's pretty hard to go wrong. There will be local nuances like always but it's going to come in as a wall of snow for all. 

10 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I'm betting on 14-15 complaints from you about the storm.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Unreadable?

Just a joke. On another forum it's a really common joke to take a screenshot of a typo in a game and say "literally unplayable." I probably should have used a comma instead of a period there. I enjoyed reading your forecast, your reasoning was straightforward and the writing is clear. 

Archived