Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sankaty said:

Everything is definitely a bit east, but also a bit warmer just above 850MB.  Brings the mixing line right to my doorstep at 30hrs.  Why the increased warmth with the surface and mid levels east?

Still a huge hit.

It's more wrapped up and intense than 06z, so it's gonna flirt you with mixing. But it probably snows heavier.

1 minute ago, sankaty said:

Everything is definitely a bit east, but also a bit warmer just above 850MB.  Brings the mixing line right to my doorstep at 30hrs.  Why the increased warmth with the surface and mid levels east?

Still a huge hit.

Wouldn't trust the thermals if I were you.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It's more wrapped up and intense than 06z, so it's gonna flirt you with mixing. But it probably snows heavier.

Thanks.  Looking at the soundings, verbatim we'd either narrowly miss mixing or mix for just an hour or two.  With the 2.25" QPF it puts out, I think we'd do OK.

I would not say this is an improvement over 6z, more amped and shows potential to tick even further west... and definitely warmer for southeast MA

Odd evolution: low actually is more tucked at hr 33 (further north than 6z NAM), but then tracks almost ENE through hr 36 and so ultimately tracks similar to 6z over NAR Bay to PYM... 

Also note at hr 33 the hint of a 2nd low further east, which may be related to the ENE track 33-36... lots of bobbling with the pieces of vorticity in that timeframe, and I'm not at all confident in how this evolves

Archived