joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Despite the huge QPF, I actually think the 06z NAM verbatim kind of blows for a lot of SNE. Soundings are kind of dry and there's definitely a dryslot that rips through by 00z. Probably crappy flakes. The GFS is a lot better. I wouldn't mind a track a little SE over the elbow or MVY. That's probably better for most. 

4 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Despite the huge QPF, I actually think the 06z NAM verbatim kind of blows for a lot of SNE. Soundings are kind of dry and there's definitely a dryslot that rips through by 00z. Probably crappy flakes. The GFS is a lot better. I wouldn't mind a track a little SE over the elbow or MVY. That's probably better for most. 

NAM is a fast mover, 10 hours total for parts of SNE.  Any time wasted on poor snow growth will bring totals down for some. 

5 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I could see my area dry slotting for a while . I've been there before.  Just get me my 3" or so to put me above 50" for the season and I will be fine.

Thanks. 

3 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Funny how the posts go in waves here. "Huge, crushed" to "dry slot, things are looking bad, going west/east".... wash, rinse, repeat

Well I shouldn't say "bad", I guess I just want to highlight the red flags I'm seeing. But these are red flags for those hoping to see like 18''+ kind of totals, I don't think anyone who stays all snow comes away with less than a foot. 

1 minute ago, DomNH said:

Well I shouldn't say "bad", I guess I just want to highlight the red flags I'm seeing. But these are red flags for those hoping to see like 18''+ kind of totals, I don't think anyone who stays all snow comes away with less than a foot. 

Agree. 12"+ with wild winds is pretty good.... can it go up from there, sure.... seen it happen plenty of times. Actually, I think NWS is pretty on target if you look at all the map options (at least, most likely, potential for this much; low end, middle, high end). And yeah, banding can put you in a sweet spot or a screw zone, but that's getting pretty far into the "micro" forecast which is basically "now time".

I was referring to the waves of posters... the pollyannas vs the debbie downers and ball busters. Happens every storm.

Archived