Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Let's put it this way. 2007 has repeatedly shown up as a top analog. That would make lots of posters unhappy. Not saying it will happen, but it could.

Yeah. Gotcha on that one. We got a lousy 17" out of the stupid thing here. But, yeah, I've seen some pretty miserable busts after a lot of hype. Boxing day here was lousy. We were int that damned dry slot for hours while everyone around us got slammed.

5 minutes ago, ROOSTA said:

A Pre postmortem: 
93 was a CAT5
60 was a CAT4
1888 who really cares. Find it hard to believe the 6' amounts in the HV.
Been awhile since I scanned the KU book, in fact I broke it out last July sunning trying to cool off...LOL

I think you meant 60" amounts for 1888, and yes those amounts were a little too much.  I think drifting may have affected the measuring back in that storm even with elevation.  But I do believe that the 50" amounts are correct in those couple of areas of CT and Albany.

There has been consistency between models and run to run agreement on the BM to ACK track. More so than any other in recent memory given the intensity. Big ones tend to do that.  

I miss Messenger (cweat) in events like this. Next gtg we should bus up and go down Rt3 exit 6 to pay homage!

8 minutes ago, J Paul Gordon said:

Yeah. Gotcha on that one. We got a lousy 17" out of the stupid thing here. But, yeah, I've seen some pretty miserable busts after a lot of hype. Boxing day here was lousy. We were int that damned dry slot for hours while everyone around us got slammed.

In ORH?

1 minute ago, geo1 said:

Hey Greg,

George here from Wilmington also. Lurk mostly but welcome aboard.

Wilmington has this secret alliance. It's like the Blind Melon video when the girl bee sees all the other bees playing in the park and doesn't feel like a misfit anymore.

Archived