Newest Member
    joxey
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, HoarfrostHubb said:

I so wish we could lock some of these today.  Hard to believe it is still 36 hours to go

Bob mentioned CT Blizz hugging the toilet after last night...that was just me a few minutes ago.   Stomach bug ftl 

Fisher is still liking the ACK track

I have my feet up watching Nascar, With a bloody and a fatty.................:pimp:

14 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

What a crushing hit on the new NAM (current ParaNAM).

The thing just stalls and dumps cyclonic flow up north.  Probably a crazy backside upslope snowstorm with ratios, it'd be a lot bigger than this with that look.

You won't see that often... 16" at TAN and 16" at BTV for a forecast model.

12K nam has about 40 hours straight snow through most of NVT  and most of S/CVT west of the spine. Obviously some of that will pretty light at times, but still.

7 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

I so wish we could lock some of these today.  Hard to believe it is still 36 hours to go

Bob mentioned CT Blizz hugging the toilet after last night...that was just me a few minutes ago.   Stomach bug ftl 

Fisher is still liking the ACK track

I've been in agreement with him for 2 days now.

1 minute ago, ORH_greenhorn said:

Hey guys quick question, what do you think the odds are currently of being able to land at Logan Tues at 10:33 AM?? Trying to decide whether to stick with my reservation or change now, tempted to roll the dice and stick with it but my wife will kill me if we get cancelled... think conditions will be bad enough to prevent landing by then on Tues AM or does the blizzard criteria come later in the day? TIA

Chzances are you may not get in. It depends on your carrier...but flights may be cancelled by then.

2 minutes ago, ORH_greenhorn said:

Hey guys quick question, what do you think the odds are currently of being able to land at Logan Tues at 10:33 AM?? Trying to decide whether to stick with my reservation or change now, tempted to roll the dice and stick with it but my wife will kill me if we get cancelled... think conditions will be bad enough to prevent landing by then on Tues AM or does the blizzard criteria come later in the day? TIA

DELAYs likely with cancelations not to far off... probably by mid afternoon; and it could deteriorate faster than that, too, because sometimes these sort of atmospheric jolt events come in like a wall and just got to 1/4 mi visibility with only an inch on the ground... but not getting better in this case.

[Edit: or, what Scott said - he's an aviation desker]

Archived