Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

powderfreak

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

First off it's early so it's not wise to get cute with amounts. Snow will start Tuesday morning probably near commute time. For now, I expect mostly snow NW of the canal. Potential for over a foot where you are in Brighton. Should end Tuesday night and just some light snow or flurries Wednesday. Probably 40-50mph or so wind in the city.

How much for Philly?

31 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

First off it's early so it's not wise to get cute with amounts. Snow will start Tuesday morning probably near commute time. For now, I expect mostly snow NW of the canal. Potential for over a foot where you are in Brighton. Should end Tuesday night and just some light snow or flurries Wednesday. Probably 40-50mph or so wind in the city.

I'll take the over on Wed. If the ULL dives south of LI, it's an additional 3-6"+ on top of what we get Tuesday 

1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

1000' SW of Orh?  Yeah, pretty good in the current regime.

I still think HubbDave has the most enviable weenie locale in SNE. 

I always liked where that poster was in Ashburnham...probably the most favorable climo spot in ORH county outside of weenie ridge in Princeton. I don't think he lives there anymore though.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I always liked where that poster was in Ashburnham...probably the most favorable climo spot in ORH county outside of weenie ridge in Princeton. I don't think he lives there anymore though.

New Salem, Petersham or Shutesbury have been spots that I have seen over perform in my 9 years out here but I fully agree with Ashburnham, it gets some interesting topographical assistance from the Monadnocks.   Actually, some of these big Miller A's even give bonuss late addition snows to Greenfield with what I suspect is help from the SW NH mountains. 

4 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

New Salem, Petersham or Shutesbury have been spots that I have seen over perform in my 9 years out here but I fully agree with Ashburnham, it gets some interesting topographical assistance from the Monadnocks.   Actually, some of these big Miller A's even give bonuss late addition snows to Greenfield with what I suspect is help from the SW NH mountains. 

Its too bad we didnt have a poster like 1800'+ near Savoy, they crush Ashburnham Imo. Even that area by Rowe and Heath above 1500' is weenie dream for snows

If only MPM stood his ground when buying the old pit

NAM is def trending toward the big boys now...keeping the two pieces of energy more separate now. It's still gonna be more amped than other guidance but it's finally at least seeing the way they are interacting the two shortwaves.

Archived