Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Pittsburgh PA spring 2017

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Mailman said:

The warm tongue looms.

I think we should be ok on the warm tongue, if the northern stream comes in that far north then the whole storm is probably not that good for anyone South of NY and NE. The dry slot though could be an issue, when you have these transfers as the energy goes from the inland low to the coastal somewhere in-between gets screwed usually.

I still am very hesitant to get my hopes up but it is fun to wait for the models coming out. (DAMN.. I hate this hobby)

One thing that I always try to remember is don't dwell on other cities and regions and what they are going to get. Only worry about ourselves. The storm on 1993 was one of the biggest with the 24 hour 24 inch snow but there were areas east of Pgh in Md, Central Pa and Central NY that received 30-40 inches. We will never be the most but you take what you get. If we get a foot on any storm and Philly gets 2 feet so be it. We take what we get otherwise you will NEVER be satisfied. :guitar:

22 minutes ago, north pgh said:

I still am very hesitant to get my hopes up but it is fun to wait for the models coming out. (DAMN.. I hate this hobby)

One thing that I always try to remember is don't dwell on other cities and regions and what they are going to get. Only worry about ourselves. The storm on 1993 was one of the biggest with the 24 hour 24 inch snow but there were areas east of Pgh in Md, Central Pa and Central NY that received 30-40 inches. We will never be the most but you take what you get. If we get a foot on any storm and Philly gets 2 feet so be it. We take what we get otherwise you will NEVER be satisfied. :guitar:

I try to do that. I honestly wouldn't be that upset if we got 8-12 and everyone else got 2 feet. It's when people get 2-3 feet and we get an inch that I feel snake biten. Anyway not drinking tonight so I'll be here for the 0z runs. 

31 minutes ago, Rd9108 said:

I try to do that. I honestly wouldn't be that upset if we got 8-12 and everyone else got 2 feet. It's when people get 2-3 feet and we get an inch that I feel snake biten. Anyway not drinking tonight so I'll be here for the 0z runs. 

I hate when my back yard misses out by 50-75 miles, that really stings. If a storm is a complete miss or we miss by a large area its not as bad.

24 minutes ago, colonel717 said:

This is an old EURO map from I think last year that is the highest snow I have ever seen depicted for our area.  I am trying to bring good juju with the EURO tonight.  Some of those GFS Mean Members would be near this map.  

Euro.JPG

Drinking a hop juju now trying to force this west!

Just now, southpark said:

Watching the run it seems like the good rates were just to our east though.

Agreed but it looks a little wonky on qpf and snow totals. One thing to take away is it didn't shift east. Now hopefully the gfs stays or shifts slightly west. 

1 minute ago, Rd9108 said:

Agreed but it looks a little wonky on qpf and snow totals. One thing to take away is it didn't shift east. Now hopefully the gfs stays or shifts slightly west. 

You are right on the wonky part of that system. If you watch the MSLP, it is all over the place.

Archived