• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 13-14 Storm

1 minute ago, Bliz299 said:

OK, I'll take that! Quite honestly, though, I would be happy with 10" if all you guys north & west got bumped back up the rest. However it seems right now the trend may end up no one's friend.

I was wondering if you would chime in on the storm. I know there is a poster from Cape May on here.

You need the perfect set-up to get the big snows......

Best of Luck!

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Animal said:

I was wondering if you would chime in on the storm. I know there is a poster from Cape May on here.

You need the perfect set-up to get the big snows......

Best of Luck!

"Thank you, thank you very much" as Elvis would say. Now, reality. Probably do need the perfect set up now. It just seems this storm has the potential  be good for all in the form. I know that's not easy anytime let alone mid-March, but it's sure teasing us! Best of luck to ALL of us.

11 minutes ago, RedSky said:

18z GFS garden variety SECS out to sea she goes

Yeah, really. Kind of pathetic what the GFS just did. After all those runs pummeling almost everyone all the way up into New England, now it wants to exit the storm stage right...

3 minutes ago, shemATC said:

The GFS drops 7 millibars in 6 hours, yet turns hard right like it's a push over.

Also it's amazing the difference in snow maps between WxBell and Tidbits.   Tidbits gives Allentown 3" and WxBell 9-11.

When WxBell first began they had algorithm issues with their snow maps.  It was thought to have been addressed a few years back, but I just ignore them like click bait.

The post with the NYC link has great info as to why the drop off in QPF.  There is an upper level low that closes off in western PA and then shuts off the "fire hose" from the Atlantic. 

3 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

When WxBell first began they had algorithm issues with their snow maps.  It was thought to have been addressed a few years back, but I just ignore them like click bait.

The post with the NYC link has great info as to why the drop off in QPF.  There is an upper level low that closes off in western PA and then shuts off the "fire hose" from the Atlantic. 

That post by jets was outstanding.  Myself and probably most others only look at the 500mb and surface.

Just now, wkd said:

That post by jets was outstanding.  Myself and probably most others only look at the 500mb and surface.

I was wondering where he went.  i recall his first post in the NYC forum.

He is definitely a top 5 poster on this entire site.  This post alone and what I learned from it was worth the the bust potential alone.

He couldn't have posted this info at a better time.

So good

LOL, posters are even enamored with his writing ability.

8 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

I was wondering where he went.  i recall his first post in the NYC forum.

He is definitely a top 5 poster on this entire site.  This post alone and what I learned from it was worth the the bust potential alone.

He couldn't have posted this info at a better time.

So good

LOL, posters are even enamored with his writing ability.

His location is very close to where I live.  Wish he would post in here some.

Wow, I'm glad I didn't look at the models today (well now I did anyway). It looked like we were locking in a decent snowstorm across the board, but now who knows what. Will it continue to trend with less QPF and east? Or will it go back to a HECS? I know which one I'm betting on. And speaking of model algorithms, the most reasonable and realistic most of the time is EuroWx, in my opinion. 

5 minutes ago, Newman said:

Wow, I'm glad I didn't look at the models today (well now I did anyway). It looked like we were locking in a decent snowstorm across the board, but now who knows what. Will it continue to trend with less QPF and east? Or will it go back to a HECS? I know which one I'm betting on. And speaking of model algorithms, the most reasonable and realistic most of the time is EuroWx, in my opinion. 

Last year's HECS had a hiccup about 4 days out to right before onshore sampling started ... lucy and the gfs went out on a date together while the Nam operatonal did the heavy lifting for a run or two.

Just now, zenmsav6810 said:

Last year's HECS had a hiccup about 4 days out to right before onshore sampling started ... lucy and the gfs went out on a date together while the Nam operatonal did the heavy lifting for a run or two.

Oh I remember that from last year. DT was talking trash on the NAM and praising the oh holy Euro for being correct. I'm so glad the NAM scored a coup on that one just for that reason. Anyway, this storm is obviously completely different than last year. I'm leaning further east and less QPF just to lower my expectations and because we've been screwed all winter so why not again but like last year, sometimes the Operational models hiccup 3-4 days out but come back later. We'll see what happens with tonight's runs!

1 minute ago, Newman said:

Oh I remember that from last year. DT was talking trash on the NAM and praising the oh holy Euro for being correct. I'm so glad the NAM scored a coup on that one just for that reason. Anyway, this storm is obviously completely different than last year. I'm leaning further east and less QPF just to lower my expectations and because we've been screwed all winter so why not again but like last year, sometimes the Operational models hiccup 3-4 days out but come back later. We'll see what happens with tonight's runs!

How bad was that though a pro getting lucy'd by the nam. Beings that their might be a closed secondary this might play out as a weaker version of a miller A. 

Archived