Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

3 minutes ago, BBasile said:

lol.  Gotta do something for ratings.  

In all seriousness, I think all network tv mets are losing viewership.  

The station(s) probably are cutting the budget towards the weather.

Think about it, an individual with decent met experience can potentially attract more hits to his site than network tv, and cheaper.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

In all seriousness, I think all network tv mets are losing viewership.  

The station(s) probably are cutting the budget towards the weather.

Think about it, an individual with decent met experience can potentially attract more hits to his site than network tv, and cheaper.

Definitely, and a lot cheaper.   I don't even know anybody that gets the forecast from TV anymore.   Most people's forecast comes from their phone.  And, unfortunately sometimes, from certain social media sources.  

7 minutes ago, BBasile said:

Definitely, and a lot cheaper.   I don't even know anybody that gets the forecast from TV anymore.   Most people's forecast comes from their phone.  And, unfortunately sometimes, from certain social media sources.  

With that in mind, and your the general manager at the station - how much money are you going to invest into your meteorologist/equipment. 

You don't have to wait for it either, just look it up or hit up your weather buddy friend lol

I put my forecast out there and went with a general 7-14" in the Central Bucks area. Actually seems a reasonable range for a good portion of SE PA. Lolli's to 17". Relative quick movement will keep totals from reaching the 20-30" totals some guidance was hinting at. I wouldnt complain though if I were to bust low. Good luck everyone!

12 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

my goodness, you guys need to wake up.

0z runs are truly historic.  

Mellowed out here this evening watching it unfold from the sidelines. Finally out of the wheelchair that Lucy put me in after this long hard year. UKMET just came in and is a work of art. No last minute wheels flying off this time. After all these years we are going to put that ghost of 2001 to rest and see Lucy get kicked off the team.

3 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Mellowed out here this evening watching it unfold from the sidelines. Finally out of the wheelchair that Lucy put me in after this long hard year. UKMET just came in and is a work of art. No last minute wheels flying off this time. After all these years we are going to put that ghost of 2001 to rest and see Lucy get kicked off the team.

:thumbsup:

25 minutes ago, RedSky said:

Tonight is one of the most exciting nights since I have been a member here! Like you, I have kind of watched it unfold. I am not great with model analysis so I just read the posts. Looks like NYC area may be the bullseye, but we get a lot!

I'm still astounded that this kind of snowfall is even a possibility this late in the year.  Especially this winter.  A rare event.  I'd be good with 4-6 inches let alone the 12+" that every model seems to be indicating, even the ones showing some rain slipping in there for a time.  

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Have you lost your mind? Declare victory Tuesday evening my good man, no sooner. Though yes, looks amazing right now. Lets make sure Mother Nature nails this chip shot and it doesnt either get blocked or shanks last second and hits an upright.

Aaaaand like that the Euro is well West and rather warm. You cant make this stuff up. So help me.......Lucy had better run for cover. My eye is starting to twitch uncontrollably. Remember what I told you guys the other day? I said we need to hope DC and BWI dont lose this one as that was our buffer and we would be next on the list?? Y'all better pray and pray damn hard because verbatim the Euro and some of the other trends at this late hour would push that taint line fairly far NW of I95 putting NW burbs double digit totals in serious jeopardy. Mother Nature does what she wants, not what a model says even if they look nearly unanimous. Fingers crossed.

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Red Sky might end up rolling that wheelchair that Lucy put him in earlier this season right down a tall hill with no brakes. This trend needs to halt or even reverse and fast!

You had to say it, you had to question my sanity now look what you did

Archived