Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKMET is a repeat of the big bad January 2016 blizzard, who wants to save another miserable winter?

Philly forum timeline

JAN 2016 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^March 2017

Blizzard    meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh     Blizzard

I want to say I should expect at least a foot based on all the NAMs, RGEM, CMC, UKMET, and the ECM is coming up. However, if the GFS comes out right I still won't be that depressed. 7-9 inches in mid March isn't bad. If only we had a stronger block and this could stall or loop. 

not liking the dry slot showing up on some of the models. 5 miles away sees 20+ while I'd be at 12". I mean I'd take it don't get me wrong id still happily take a foot but it will be frustrating seeing the heaviest totals be that close. I just want 7 inches though and get to normal on the year which I didn't think was possible after mid February. I'm waiting until tn but I'm very close to being all in as well.

gfs is pretty much all alone and is an outlier. the fools in ma are posting with their white goggles because it gives them the most snow. i wouldn't listen to their nonsense saying that it's right when it clearly is an outlier. I hope they base their expectations on it because it will be that much better reading their meltdowns when it's wrong. snow is some really serious business to some down there.

10 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

not liking the dry slot showing up on some of the models. 5 miles away sees 20+ while I'd be at 12". I mean I'd take it don't get me wrong id still happily take a foot but it will be frustrating seeing the heaviest totals be that close. I just want 7 inches though and get to normal on the year which I didn't think was possible after mid February. I'm waiting until tn but I'm very close to being all in as well.

Yeah Mt Holly did mention that this morning

Euro definitely a bit west, though a monster snow run for most.  More temp issues in southern NJ.  As of now west of the Delaware River could be 16"+.  Though the gradient is VERY steep as you move east.  Where it lands now I'm as close to 21" as I am to 3-4" (if even that).

Welp ... 

I was going to wait until 12z yesterday before emotionally committing, but then I saw the Euro and got cold feet, so I gave it another 24hrs. I'm all in now. Why not? It's been a ratter of a winter, it's mid March and this storm is Miller B-ish ... what could go wrong?

Anyway, the one interesting thing I keep seeing (and I have to give credit to Tony/Rainshadow for also pointing this out), regardless of the model or it's actual qpf output, they seem to consistently show a precip max just to the west/north west of Philly. Whether it plays out like that or not, who knows? Just another little something to keep an eye on.

Archived