Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys crack me up. We all knew the mix line was going to teeter near I95. This was covered now for 48 hours. And why r you guys using the NAM which is clearly overamped as usual to forecast an event that is a nowcast? If you two were first time posters I could understand but neither of you are rookies. Hrrr is East with slp. Smell the rain to see the heaviest totals or whatever the saying is. Chill with the bust stuff until this is over please. If it turns into a total bust we can analyze post mortem but it wont. Complaining about it doesnt help anyone here. If you are that disappointed already perhaps its bed time ;-)

2 minutes ago, RedSky said:

12k and 4k NAM both get mixing into my yard and enough to knock down snow amounts to the 12-15" range. It's good the storm isn't another 24 hours away it would have trended to an apps runner.

Just take it easy man. If you don't already follow CrankyWxGuy on Twitter, you should do so. He was just talking about the short range models moving back and forth in the next couple hours as the center of the actual storm begins to fully take shape. I really think you get more than 12-15", but I guess we'll see how it plays out.

12k and 4k NAM both get mixing into my yard and enough to knock down snow amounts to the 12-15" range. It's good the storm isn't another 24 hours away it would have trended to an apps runner.

Poor you, only 12-15" lol. Believe me, u might smell the mix line but it doesnt reach you imo. You are in a great great spot! You likely see higher totals than what u r suggesting.

11 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

You guys crack me up. We all knew the mix line was going to teeter near I95. This was covered now for 48 hours. And why r you guys using the NAM which is clearly overamped as usual to forecast an event that is a nowcast? If you two were first time posters I could understand but neither of you are rookies. Hrrr is East with slp. Smell the rain to see the heaviest totals or whatever the saying is. Chill with the bust stuff until this is over please. If it turns into a total bust we can analyze post mortem but it wont. Complaining about it doesnt help anyone here. If you are that disappointed already perhaps its bed time ;-)

Not me....I am with you on the NAM stuff,  Don't trust it one bit in this setup,m and I like that the HRRR is standing pat for now.  Still sticking with my initial thoughts of 12-16 in my area.

1 minute ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Brand new Mount Holly AFD at 10:05PM made no mention of mixing West of I95 in PA as far as I saw when I quickly skimmed it. It even says "Snow will be the predominant precipitation type across PA with this storm". Chill guys....they are pro forecasters for a reason.

people always bug out with the last minute swings. lol

Just now, Ralph Wiggum said:

Brand new Mount Holly AFD at 10:05PM made no mention of mixing West of I95 in PA as far as I saw when I quickly skimmed it. It even says "Snow will be the predominant precipitation type across PA with this storm.

Sounds like Mt. Holly is all in! Loving my nook of N. Chesco /Eastern Berks ready for a jackpot! 

10 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Poor you, only 12-15" lol. Believe me, u might smell the mix line but it doesnt reach you imo. You are in a great great spot! You likely see higher totals than what u r suggesting.

No I am ok with IP and tons of graupel evreybody should be. It's mid March and snow melts FAST even on 32F day if it's sunny. Sleet provides durability to the pack lol

My 4" sleet in 2007 gave me the longest lasting ground cover in March I ever seen and the sledding was unbeatable.

Not me....I am with you on the NAM stuff,  Don't trust it one bit in this setup,m and I like that the HRRR is standing pat for now.  Still sticking with my initial thoughts of 12-16 in my area.

I cant see location on the app Im using. Where u at? And yes, the NAM could potentially be right but I've seen this before with some big bombing storms and the NAM ALWAYS overamplifies even during the event and is usually if not always the Westernmost outlier and warmest thermals in general. I would watch the hrrr for general slp location as well as radar sim trends. Thermal stuff is going to be wonky at this point with such a dynamic and bombing storm. Heck, I know it was before we had so much technology but Philly was forecast to be plain rain during March 93 up until nowcasting so yeah.

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I cant see location on the app Im using. Where u at? And yes, the NAM could potentially be right but I've seen this before with some big bombing storms and the NAM ALWAYS overamplifies even during the event and is usually if not always the Westernmost outlier and warmest thermals in general. I would watch the hrrr for general slp location as well as radar sim trends. Thermal stuff is going to be wonky at this point with such a dynamic and bombing storm. Heck, I know it was before we had so mich technology but Philly was forecast to be plain rain during March 93 up u til nowcasting so yeah.

Wrightstown, PA

may be low end 12-13

1 minute ago, AbsoluteVorticity said:

Has trended to look awfully similar to the euro

hrrr_snow_maryland_19.png

I asked about the GFS earlier, and it's maps say "including sleet".  Do the HRRR maps include sleet as snow?  They must to some extent because there are several hours of simulated radar that are mixing/rain yet the snow totals increase.

Archived