Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys feeling any better? These are normal fluctuations and wobbles we see with all of these dynamic type systems.

Im going to take a really close look at 6z and 12z tomorrow then will make my all-in or all-out decision mid afternoon and make a more definitive snowfall forecast for my neck of the woods.

Not staying up for Euro. See you guys in the AM.

5 minutes ago, I Like Snow said:

I don’t mean to be a troll but I have been drinking heavily and I think I want to marry Kuchera.

Then you'll have to endure a lifetime of listening to why that method is the best.  "Well, you see, thermal profiles..."  Just shut up and give me 10 to 1!  

Ok, time to grab another beer and stop posting.  

9 minutes ago, penndotguy said:

Yeah I dont think we have seen the last of the nail biting yet either, Tomorrow should be an interesting day and night  

Yeah,  I was just about to post this.  This isn't set in stone yet, getting close though and if we get through tomorrow without any major hiccups we should have a day off Tuesday.... Except you. 

5 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Yeah,  I was just about to post this.  This isn't set in stone yet, getting close though and if we get through tomorrow without any major hiccups we should have a day off Tuesday.... Expect you. 

True. Encouraged by tonight, but models could still have big swings. It is looking good for at least a 6"+ storm though for our region.

6 minutes ago, mattinpa said:

True. Encouraged by tonight, but models could still have big swings. It is looking good for at least a 6"+ storm though for our region.

I saw 10m wind speed map in the NE forum, ridiculous. The cut off of the map and frame didn't permit me to see PA/CNJ, but it's got to be impressive. 

12 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

OT but has anyone been looking at the longer range? Specifically the Euro for next Sunday Monday Tuesday?

Euro has another coastal stall off the coast and drop 6"+ around city N&E.  2 vorts phase with serious negative tilt and eventually stacked cutoff.  

0z suite was amazing. 6z NAM continues to slowly come in line with other guidance. 6z GFS (gfs in general) still struggling to bring the storm North even during the period of peak intensification.....it keeps redeveloping the slp to the East on top of convection and is currently the outlier. 6z RGEM may be another big hit when extrapolating and would support the 0z CMC. NCEP folks tossed the Euro op and suggest the ens mean is more realistic (16-18" snowfall mean SE PA). Everything is falling in to place I will not have access to internet today again which is probably good but as soon as I do around 8PM I will make my call. Keep in mind while things look good right now we are still 36 hours from the onset and we could still get a last minute shift or adjustment. Great spot to be tho right now, no doubt.

Archived