Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 13-14 Storm

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ukie sounds like a big hit as well per MA thread....no details yet. Good signals still. I promised myself I wouldnt lock into this big storm scenario until 12z Sunday earliest and I still admittedly remain skeptical even with all of the positive supporting data staring me in the face. Intrigued.....borderline excited, but I am not sold yet. Ghosts of March '01 haunt me to this day. Safely conservative and cautiously optimistic for me is the way to go with this for now.

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ukie sounds like a big hit as well per MA thread....no details yet. Good signals still. I promised myself I wouldnt lock into this big storm scenario until 12z Sunday earliest and I still admittedly remain skeptical even with all of the positive supporting data staring me in the face. Intrigued.....borderline excited, but I am not sold yet. Ghosts of March '01 haunt me to this day. Safely conservative for me is the way to go with this for now.

Not a bad idea with March 2001 as the #7 analog for this 

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Bucks County quite the gradient.....26" NW part of the county to 5" SE part of the county.

big shift towards euro though...not too concerned. I mean there's a chance we see that gradient but it's going to change every 6 hours. the shift towards the euro is all I wanted to see at this time.

18 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Ukie sounds like a big hit as well per MA thread....no details yet. Good signals still. I promised myself I wouldnt lock into this big storm scenario until 12z Sunday earliest and I still admittedly remain skeptical even with all of the positive supporting data staring me in the face. Intrigued.....borderline excited, but I am not sold yet. Ghosts of March '01 haunt me to this day. Safely conservative and cautiously optimistic for me is the way to go with this for now.

They haunt me as well. Keep tellin myself models are much better now though. I think they were riding the eta back then because it was having a good winter lol.

6 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

On the this gfs run it's most due lost precip to rain.  Also, I don't think we need to worry about dryslotting at all since this isn't a Miller B. 

Thanks. Heard the GFS mean was east, the Ukie s good and the Canadian is most east but better. So not too worried about the GFS OP run yet.

4 hours ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Not a fan of those kuchera maps, better offf ignoring them.

Me neither. I look at them for comparison, but base what might happen off the 10:1 maps. Less chance for heartbreak that way. Anything above and beyond the 10:1 accumulation is bonus snow...lol

Archived