Newest Member
    Dano62
3/13- 3/14 Winter Storm Threat

Buddy1987

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

Shouldn't that line be robbing moisture from the NE blockbuster , or does that just happen to us!?

That's a line from dying LP that screwed our mid levels up. It's transferring energy to our coast and it's bombogenesis on radar. Radar also shows DC getting snow and webcam confirms. Also see some pinks right above frosty but it's light returns. Northern mtns will do well with wrap around upslope tomorrow a.m.

33 and snizzling actual snow. No mixing. Radar is starting to look healthy now off to my southwest. The main bands are attempting to pivot closer and closer. Gonna be close. 

Edit: nomansland you in the city or county? Whats it doing your way? 

18 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

33 and snizzling actual snow. No mixing. Radar is starting to look healthy now off to my southwest. The main bands are attempting to pivot closer and closer. Gonna be close. 

Edit: nomansland you in the city or county? Whats it doing your way? 

Cave spring area/south county.  33 and nothing right now.  Curious when returns get in here if we at least get some sleet.  00z NAM sounding says hope for the last .1 as snow...

The 0z sounding from Blacksburg is a snow sounding if we can get heavier precip back over the region (sfc temps obviously at/below freezing now). Taken as is, it's a mist/drizzle sounding. If we can get the dendritic growth zone to completely saturate and we keep the column below 0c, we should be good to get a nice burst of wet snow. This should happen as the ULL begins to pivot through the region.

0249e360842a415ba1a18a4ce8cf45ea.png

1 minute ago, Disc said:

The 0z sounding from Blacksburg is a snow sounding if we can get heavier precip back over the region (sfc temps obviously at/below freezing now). Taken as is, it's a mist/drizzle sounding. If we can get the dendritic growth zone to completely saturate and we keep the column below 0c, we should be good to get a nice burst of wet snow. This should happen as the ULL begins to pivot through the region.

0249e360842a415ba1a18a4ce8cf45ea.png

So I might stay up to see what blows in from Wythville.

43 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I am in PA, about 1:45 from Mt Pocono, if I need to adjust to Scranton I can buy that seems like money 

Fyi: saw webber post on another board that the hrr just spat out a 15 inch per hour rate somewhere in PA. He wasnt buying it as gospel , but pointing out the extreme. It was like 1.3 qpf. Anyway check it out hope your close to that bullseye.

3 hours ago, WeatherNC said:

We made it, Mt Pocono, I will never leave late again, last 20 miles on PA 903 was the worst driving conditions ever, couldn't see, road blended in to the surrounding , hard to not think about what if we got stranded but we didn't and it's time to get the blizz on!

Nice man! Keep us posted.

Archived