Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
3/13- 3/14 Winter Storm Threat

Buddy1987

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, fritschy said:

is the idea of a Miller A type storm not coming up from the gulf now, was hoping for that but I guess not if the NWS just has us 1-3 inches of snow.  very quite in here, I guess that speaks for itself.

This is def a NW Flow Event, so maybe a dusting downtown at best. TN line looks to do well. 

8 minutes ago, Buddy1987 said:

12z nam is not horrible man with 850s. Only our area really has a hope tho. It is colder than progged due to dense cloud cover so that may be beneficial. Dew point is 19 so we should get some good evaporational cooling if we can get a good band to start. 

Yea, it was better than 6z.  low was a little east and stronger.  Want to see soundings when they are available.  I am simple and need the text ones:lol:

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

We got 18 days before I throw in the towel! I've had flakes flying in Greenville on April 11! That's my record latest seeing flakes! 

April 7th 2007. It snowed 2" overnight in WNC during a record breaking cold snap. April 8th was Easter. Kids were picking up eggs in snow boots. To their advantage however, pastel eggs are a lot easier to find on a white backdrop.

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

I went over to the banter thread and called him a d*ck. Absolutely uncalled for. Grow the hell up big cry baby. You post analysis and have good reasoning and get treated like that?! If people havent read it you need to. Completely uncalled for on two separate occasions. 

He messaged me and apologized.  All is well!

1 minute ago, packfan98 said:

He messaged me and apologized.  All is well!

Regardless man. I am personally stuck in a rock and a hard spot because I am kind of literally in two sub forums with my geographic location. I have never seen such rudeness like it is over their. I would much rather post in here anyday. People dont ride you if you dont have their I.Q. level with meteorology in the southeast forum or the northeast forum for that reason when i used to post in there all the time. I mean I lived in new england for 21 years of my life. Dont get my yankee riled up by insulting one of my boys in the southeast forum. I could call joey frankie and mikey and we could take care of a situation if need be hahahahaha. 

Just now, Buddy1987 said:

Regardless man. I am personally stuck in a rock and a hard spot because I am kind of literally in two sub forums with my geographic location. I have never seen such rudeness like it is over their. I would much rather post in here anyday. People dont ride you if you dont have their I.Q. level with meteorology in the southeast forum or the northeast forum for that reason when i used to post in there all the time. I mean I lived in new england for 21 years of my life. Dont get my yankee riled up by insulting one of my boys in the southeast forum. I could call joey frankie and mikey and we could take care of a situation if need be hahahahaha. 

lol...thanks for having my back.  I only post if I have something that is especially beneficial or new data.  I guess that they have had so many trolls that they don't give anyone the benefit of the doubt.  Kind of sad, really.

1 hour ago, mackerel_sky said:

If it's any consolation, the 45 day outlooks on the models, keep it very cold in the E and SE and very wet! Don't give up on winter!

Raleigh recorded a foot of snow in early April and 2 inches on April 18... trace on May 2. May blizzard FTW!

25 minutes ago, localyokelweather said:

This is def a NW Flow Event, so maybe a dusting downtown at best. TN line looks to do well. 

NWS is saying 1-3 for Buncombe and upwards of 6 for the higher mtns.  of course this is 8 tonight thru 8 Wednesday morning,  so its going to take that long to get an inch or two.  LOL

11 minutes ago, WeatherNC said:

I am going to the Poconos, hope I spelled it right, around Stroudsburgh, would prefer to stay out of NJ NY 

You spelled it correctly haha. I used to live in NW CT. Poconos is a solid spot for this. They are going to get effin crushed. Plus they get more lift out there with the mountains. Could def see them getting over 2ft. 

1 hour ago, wncsnow said:

Light snow in Danville.. 43

25 minutes ago, wncsnow said:

Rain snow sleet mix now.. some half dollar flakes came down for a while 

Yup here in the old west end by ballou park p type is intensity dependent, but feels like a slightly good omen. My wife is a teacher and hoping for day off any frozen will do.

18z RAP sounding for ROA....18 total with a warm look.  Both RAP and HRRR have us between systems and keep delaying the crash of the 850s.  I'll let the NAM pull me back in but the short range stuff looks real bad here.  We are going to need dynamics to help us out.  if we don't get under something special, I this we get blanked.  Hope I am wrong though.

18 minutes ago, Snow haven said:

Temp today was supposed to be 44, but we havent even reached 40 yet. Temp currently is 38, Dewpoint is 37. Low tonight is supposed to be 37. I guess the boundary level is to warm to support anything frozen though?

Very much so pretty much for the entire state of NC....in fact don't be surprised to see you temps rise into the low 40's overnight.

Archived